Weekly Art Event - Nov. 5, 2021

ams - Lovely, delicate colours on your flowers, and I love that you've continued with your Artrage experiments into the boats. I prefer the second one, but I do love oils! Thanks for sharing your discoveries.

Schuee - Very fun interpretation of the blood vessels, and I like your use of the heavy ink lines.

mbeckett - Beautiful drawing to start your piece (and I'm a fan of the off-centre composition!). Hope to see the finished version.

Vivien - Interesting combination of PanPastels and ink for your boat - love the contrast of the sharp lines and smooth colours. It must be difficult to find a surface that's ideal for both.

KreativeK - Loose and lively flowers - lovely!

Christel - Wonderful, interesting textures in your scene, glad you could re-purpose it for this challenge.

tanjaf - Wow! Love those colors and the effect of the yupo paper - joyful!

Ceramic oil bottle - oil stick, A1 gessoed paper.

vessel2cs.jpg

I wish I could participate, or at least comment on more, but I am struggling with another painting.

Penny, we think alike - it must be sharing a birthday! I was going to do blood vessels, but did not want to be too gory. Nice job.
Thanks, Joy. You ought to have done. Don’t worry about gore! 🤣

ams - Lovely, delicate colours on your flowers, and I love that you've continued with your Artrage experiments into the boats. I prefer the second one, but I do love oils! Thanks for sharing your discoveries.

Schuee - Very fun interpretation of the blood vessels, and I like your use of the heavy ink lines.

mbeckett - Beautiful drawing to start your piece (and I'm a fan of the off-centre composition!). Hope to see the finished version.

Vivien - Interesting combination of PanPastels and ink for your boat - love the contrast of the sharp lines and smooth colours. It must be difficult to find a surface that's ideal for both.

KreativeK - Loose and lively flowers - lovely!

Christel - Wonderful, interesting textures in your scene, glad you could re-purpose it for this challenge.

tanjaf - Wow! Love those colors and the effect of the yupo paper - joyful!

Ceramic oil bottle - oil stick, A1 gessoed paper.

View attachment 12671
Thank you, Triss. Your bottle is very good. I’ve not heard of oil sticks, are they like oil pastels?

Yes, there will be a new prompt each Friday. If you would like to host a week, you can sign up here. Glad you are enjoying the entries.

Joy, glad you had time to take a peak even if you won't be able to participate this week. There will be other weeks!

Vivien, thanks for the comments. I'm glad you are enjoying the week.
Thanks, Anne. I will sign up.

I wish I could participate, or at least comment on more, but I am struggling with another painting.

Penny, we think alike - it must be sharing a birthday! I was going to do blood vessels, but did not want to be too gory. Nice job.
Joy, sometimes when we struggle with a piece, it's good to take an hour's break to clear the head! During that hour, try a 20 minute sketch if your water jar! 😂😂....... I'll be waiting for your post!😉👍

Triss, I love the strength of that construction ... the jar .... with the oil bars.👍👍

Maureen, I am still chuckling over your vessel! Thanks for making us smile. :)

Anne, I love your nestled vessels...try saying that a few times fast. I hate touching charcoal due to the mess and never thought of using charcoal in Art Rage. I'll have to try that some time.

16ga, I like the shine of the light through the green glass. Nicely done.

Anne, I love your nestled vessels...try saying that a few times fast. I hate touching charcoal due to the mess and never thought of using charcoal in Art Rage. I'll have to try that some time.

Thanks Joan.

I know what you mean about the mess with charcoal. The lack of messiness is definitely part of what drew me to digital. I also like that there is no setup or clean up. (y)

I’ve not heard of oil sticks, are they like oil pastels?
Thanks, Schuee - oil sticks are oil paint in stick form, so they're wetter, and messier to work with than oil pastels, but I find them lots of fun!

Maureen... lol that's great! not the vessel the pirate was hoping for! :LOL:

Anne... well done! love your flower pots too! i don't think i'll ever get the hang of digi painting.

16ga... that's what these kind of challenges are about. trying new things. :)

Kay M ... that boat is super cool! hope its made of 3 ply paper. looks like stormy seas! :LOL:

Triss... grungy is good. i like the sketchiness of your jar!

Penny... nicely done! i never would have thought of blood vessels!

this is what i've got after 2 hours. this drawing is tougher than i thought, but isn't that always the way? :rolleyes: its going to be ink and watercolor eventually. not too happy with it so far. i should have used a simple grid to place her on the card better. this stage... graphite on 4.5 x 6" w/c Master's Choice 140 lb hot press w/c paper. this is the first time i've used this paper. has anyone else tried it?

View attachment 12592
Thank you, Michael.

Thanks, Schuee - oil sticks are oil paint in stick form, so they're wetter, and messier to work with than oil pastels, but I find them lots of fun!
That is interesting, triss. I must look into them. Thank you.

Oh absolutely a vessel Maureen. I love it. Love all the different colors you used to make it so interesting. Thanks for participating.

Here's my first post. This is a quick one, I may do another later in the week.

This is done in Artrage digital black and white charcoal on colored "paper." I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I went online to some of the free photo sites and started with a search for vessel. I saw a bowl so then I searched "bowl" to see if I could find a composition I liked better and this is what I came up with. I got this one from unsplash.

View attachment 12403
There's something so soft and appealing about this. I like it a lot!

Maureen... lol that's great! not the vessel the pirate was hoping for! :LOL:

Anne... well done! love your flower pots too! i don't think i'll ever get the hang of digi painting.

16ga... that's what these kind of challenges are about. trying new things. :)

Kay M ... that boat is super cool! hope its made of 3 ply paper. looks like stormy seas! :LOL:

Triss... grungy is good. i like the sketchiness of your jar!

Penny... nicely done! i never would have thought of blood vessels!

this is what i've got after 2 hours. this drawing is tougher than i thought, but isn't that always the way? :rolleyes: its going to be ink and watercolor eventually. not too happy with it so far. i should have used a simple grid to place her on the card better. this stage... graphite on 4.5 x 6" w/c Master's Choice 140 lb hot press w/c paper. this is the first time i've used this paper. has anyone else tried it?

View attachment 12592
I actually really like this so far. Makes me think of the astrological sign Aquarius, the water-bearer.

I like your whimsical and fun answer to the challenge Jessie! It made me smile :)

Yes I'm looking forward to the next one!

Such a good start to the weekly art events! I've really enjoyed seeing such a variety of answers to the prompt. I love how we are all inspired in different ways. :)

Reactions: ams
Back