WEEKLY ART EVENT , JANUARY 7th - 14th

Schuee

Hello and welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: MUSIC

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

Penny

Here is my drawing to start you off.

THE LOST CHORD

The music to this song has always been a favourite of mine.

19CF557C-F3E9-49AA-9361-35472592924D.jpeg

I look forward to seeing what the word MUSIC brings to your mind.

What fun Penny! I hope you find your chord. :oops: I love all of the little signs on the wall.

I started hunting and thinking about Music and came up with some old ways to record and play back music. The references are from Pixabay.

Ink and Water-soluble graphite wash. Lots of fun to do!

WAE 1-7-22 Music.png

Thanks for hosting Penny.

Thank you, Anne. You are welcome.

I like your drawings a lot. I have something along the same lines as another post. Will work on it this morning.

I thought of this after I did mine too. I remember the ads for RCA I think it was..."his master's voice". Delightful quick sketch.

That’s right, Anne. “His Master’s Voice”. Thank you. I’ve just read about the dog. He was named “Nipper” and was born in Bristol.

I feel the same way Penny. Hopefully there will be some takers before the week is finished.

I put a reminder post in the previous art event in case some people subscribed to that one but didn't see this one.

What fun Penny! I hope you find your chord. :oops: I love all of the little signs on the wall.

I started hunting and thinking about Music and came up with some old ways to record and play back music. The references are from Pixabay.

Ink and Water-soluble graphite wash. Lots of fun to do!

View attachment 16776

Thanks for hosting Penny.
This is beautiful, you draw so well. Love your shading.

Nice Jo. Glad you gave it a try.

You can go more concrete with the prompt. Any musical instrument would work, anything you hear music on (radio etc.), things you hear music with (earphone, speakers etc.).

Hope this helps.

It could be said that acknowledgement is music to our ears.

People are having a hard think about how best to depict the prompt (I am, anyway). I'm sure things will pick up :)
Thank you for the encouragement, laika. I hope so. I like your “music to our ears” quote. I makes me think of drawing ears with music going into them!

Back