WEEKLY ART EVENT Dec. 3 - 10

Artrage digital oils.

I saw this reference on Pixabay and I thought it was perfect for Cozy. I used other references for the flames since I wanted more of a fire than the original image had.

I started with a rough digital pencil freehand sketch and then painted in layers on top of that, working from front to back. I wasn't as concerned with details as I sometimes am. This was just done for fun.
ANNE,!! This was my first thought for this prompt, I had even chosen this same reference!! Grrrrrr!,, I should have painted straight away!😱🤬

But, your painting is so good, how can I feel mad, sad or bad! It’s lovely work ….. haha, great minds with but a single thought!😂😂

Kay, good lateral thinking! He does look very comfortable and they like to be warm!

ANNE,!! This was my first thought for this prompt, I had even chosen this same reference!! Grrrrrr!,, I should have painted straight away!😱🤬 But, your painting is so good, how can I feel mad, sad or bad! It’s lovely work ….. haha, great minds with but a single thought!😂😂

Thanks Maureen. I don't mind a duplicate use of the reference. Go ahead and paint it. I would love to see how you interpret it. Great minds think alike! ;)

I really liked the prompt cozy but didn't get anything done. Thanks Kay.
The cozy feet by the fire is great, Anne.
Triduana, an adder is not my idea of cozy, ha. I like your drawing a lot!

Thank you, Kay. Adders are beautiful. I believe their bites can be nasty but not always as bad as people think, Snakes don’t hunt people but bite if disturbed or upset. Fascinating creatures. I have only seen one once in my life, on the Longleat Estate, sunning itself in the bracken. It disappeared quickly when it realised we were around.

I like your drawing.

Thanks Penny. I've been lucky to see quite a few adders and had to move a few as well (I've supervised strimming teams on a few occasions), and it's easier than you'd think! You're right that they are nowhere near as vicious as people think. I've only been hissed at once and that was when I didn't see one and dropped a bundle of canes on the ground, barely missing him. So I deserved it really!

ams - Wonderful work on the feet in front of the fire - love those stripy socks, and amazing job with the flames!

Triduana - I love that you somehow came up with a cosy adder! I used to live in an area with adders - not sure I ever thought they looked particularly cosy, but definitely interesting! Great job with his markings.

Thanks for hosting, Kay!

Back