WEEKLY ART EVENT 4th February - 11th February

Here's a ladybug in ink and water-soluble graphite. We have way too many of these in the house. They come in when the weather gets cold. This one is done from a photo.

20220206Sk6 Asian Lady Bug (jhenning, Pixabay).png

Hello and Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: ”Spots”

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
Was hoping to create at least one more. This is a digital image, from pen and ink work I did late last year.
image3A4872_mirror7.jpg

Was hoping to create at least one more. This is a digital image, from pen and ink work I did late last year.
Thanks, JennieJo for taking part. Your “eyes” are very interesting, especially the designs in them. Well done!

Very good, Anne. A lovely tiger lily, I think.
Thanks Penny. Yes, it is a tiger lily. I was trying to think of something with spots that was different from what had been painted so far. I always enjoy doing flowers. It also gave me an opportunity to play around a little with watercolor on top of the graphite.

It’s very nice, Anne. Isnt it strange that Tiger Lilies have spots and not stripes!

We’ve had some good entries this week. I look forward to tomorrow’s prompt.

Reactions: ams
Hello and Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: ”Spots”

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
Last sketch ... not feeling very spotty, but managed to get a few in. Pencils, on rough A5 paper.
20220211_092546-01.jpeg

It’s very nice, Anne. Isnt it strange that Tiger Lilies have spots and not stripes!

We’ve had some good entries this week. I look forward to tomorrow’s prompt.
I never thought about it before but you're right, why are they called tiger lilies rather than leopard lillies? :D

Thanks for your comments.
Last sketch ... not feeling very spotty, but managed to get a few in. Pencils, on rough A5 paper.
JennieJo, I like the design. Looks like spots to me! Love your use of color.

Sorry to not have commented on everyone's works individually - but absolutely loved seeing all the inventiveness with the subject this week! Wonderful stuff from all of you.

I never thought about it before but you're right, why are they called tiger lilies rather than leopard lillies? :D

Thanks for your comments.

JennieJo, I like the design. Looks like spots to me! Love your use of color.
Thanks Anne. It took a while, but I eventually 'got into it".

Back