WEEKLY ART EVENT 4th February - 11th February

Schuee

Hello and Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: ”Spots”

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

Hello. I hope you enjoy making art with the theme of Spots. I will be back later with my entry.

CED2E73F-CD1E-479D-9D85-AF8C2C2C1BBD.jpeg

Hello and Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: ”Spots”

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
Random thoughts on a Saturday night.
Added pics of my sketch book, found in a OP shop and couldn't resist going down memory lane. Western Australia, where I grew up, approx 1962. Made in Queensland where I now live.
Approx 10 x 8 inches, school grade oil pastels. Grey paper.
20220206_072231-01.jpeg
20220206_072249-01.jpeg
20220206_072301-01.jpeg

Random thoughts on a Saturday night.
Added pics of my sketch book, found in a OP shop and couldn't resist going down memory lane. Western Australia, where I grew up, approx 1962. Made in Queensland where I now live.
Approx 10 x 8 inches, school grade oil pastels. Grey paper.
View attachment 18527View attachment 18528View attachment 18531
Very interesting, JennieJo. I loved seeing your old drawing book and pastel hints. How nice to have kept them.

Your spots painting is good to look at. Thank you for taking part.

Back