Recent pet portrait

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
Recent one that I hate. The client wanted a neutral background and I had it a lovely soft gray marbled with lavender, but she kept insisting on more and more gray until it is basically a black and white painting. It was difficult enough to paint white on white but dulling the background makes me want to regurgitate. Anyway, this is what she got and she was tickled with it, whether I was or not. ;):giggle:

1708454038026.jpeg

The dogs are beautifully done! I can see how your plan for a soft gray/lavender background would have worked very well but as long as the client is happy it’s a success!

This is still very good, but I can see your frustration. Lavender would have been much better. It sucks when the client doesn't know any better or has no sense or taste!

This is still very good, but I can see your frustration. Lavender would have been much better. It sucks when the client doesn't know any better or has no sense or taste!
Thank you Ayin, and yes, it is frustrating but as already stated, the client gets the last word. :giggle: ❤️

Maybe all their photographs are black and white for this to fit in. It is beautifully done. Congrats on a painting they like.

Oh, it would be so nice if clients actually listened to the artist! ;) Not that there is anything wrong with this - your puppies turned out lovely! You are up to the challenge with white on white - those highlights are excellent. I love your choice of lavender, and would have liked to see it. You still have a happy client, and that's the desired outcome, but I don't blame you for saying, "Grrrr.....!" ;)

The dogs are an absolute delight. The fur and their bed has an abundance of texture.

Thank you, Jo, gbritnell, Terri, and Joy. I appreciate the comments ❤️(doesn't make me like the painting any better though ;))

Back