Triptyque

Desforges

In the last weeks I have used the same palette to paint three different canvases. All are 16x20. After living with them for a few days, I think that as a triptyque, they would have more to say. Your comments will be appreciated. Thx.
271E2555-1B6D-4614-B314-97BBFE5C7AED.jpeg
4B26E845-28D6-41B8-8C50-59862B1EA147.jpeg
786E9B54-1BF3-4364-BB4B-2E408FC66CD0.jpeg

I'm with Hermes. They look ok as a three some but they are all equally strong paintings worthy of their own space.
I am partial to the one in the middle as per Hermes. It reminds me of a peace offering though I would not know why.

I like them as individual paintings, but I took the liberty of trying them as a triptych and I think they work together well.

View attachment 22529
Thank you, Hermes! I was trying to attach them but I can only work with my phone and didn’t know how. On the floor , they really fit together. I have started to use metallic colours and got a little too excited about it. 😊
Thank you all for the comments. At times, I doubt myself ( most of the time). I appreciate the response.
My spelling is in French. Tych ! Got it.

Last edited:
I like all three alone or together. Very strong successful pieces. Love the colors. Why do we doubt ourselves? Hmmm.

They are gorgeous😍I agree with everyone here, strong together or apart the only thing that draws my eye a bit too much is your sig on the bottom left of the middle one

They are gorgeous😍I agree with everyone here, strong together or apart the only thing that draws my eye a bit too much is your sig on the bottom left of the middle one
I was going to place the one with the sig on the left and the green one in the middle. I could also cover it. Thank you for mentioning. What do you think? 🤔

What a stunning trio! Each one is just gorgeous and I love how they look together. I always like how your work features big, bold shapes and yet there are delicate details as well.

I was going to place the one with the sig on the left and the green one in the middle. I could also cover it. Thank you for mentioning. What do you think? 🤔
I tried that at first, but thought they balanced better with the signed one in the middle. Here are the two possibilities with it on the left. To my eye the results are less successful (less cohesive.) As the artist, it is ultimately your call—I am just showing the possibilities.

B.jpg

A.jpg

A triptych really should work together or as individual paintings either one. These do. And being abstract you can change the arrangement from time to time and have a completely different display. ❤️❤️

I think the sig on the left and green middle solution would be a great solution🙂
Although I have to say that seeing Hermes post has given me pause for thought.

Last edited:
I managed to get an extra little strip in it but just wanted to show you that all sorts of things are possible with this. :giggle:
jocetrip.jpg

I just removed the sig and nearly messed it up.
Autocorrect kept changing the word sig
to dog 🐕‍🦺.
I am exhausted.
If someone ever buys them, they can do anything they want.
Thank you so much for playing with me.
Also, I can’t get the right filter to adjust the colours to what they really are.
So far, Hermes is the winner. 😂
From now on, it is public property.
Thank you ALL for the encouraging words.

ABA94F16-2E59-4BC8-B50E-D8630032AE65.jpeg
18A07008-6681-47B6-8EE6-C0C81BEC18C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, I can’t get the right filter to adjust the colours to what they really are.
That issue has bugged me for a long time. Photos straight out of the camera rarely look right. After taking a photo of a painting in Nikon NEF format, which is their RAW format, I use ACDSee Photo Studio (a legal copy!) to develop it to get the best colour balance, at the same time looking at the painting to get things right. This is the tool in ACDSee.

Screen-2022-06-18_06-33-31.jpg

As an aside: I used to use Adobe Lightroom, but switched to ACDSee because it has a file explorer, unlike Lightroom. Lightroom requires you to import photos into a database first. For my needs, ACDSee can do everything Lightroom does.

I always include a pure white card next to the painting as a reference when I adjust the white balance. I have been looking for a free, universally available card with colour swatches we could all use to make sure our colours are accurate. It could also be used to calibrate our monitors to give the best colours. I would love to hear whether anyone has suggestions for this.

Attachments

• Screen-2022-06-18_06-33-31.jpg
    Screen-2022-06-18_06-33-31.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 70
I love all three, on their own, or as a threesome, but I am especially attracted to that third one Jocelyne. Something about it speaks to me in a big way. It's different and it's stronger than the others (for me). I am in love with it! ♥️

Back