Another weird little collage

I like it, but I'm. finding it difficult to determine where your art truly "ends'. Is that corrugated background part of the actual art, or is is merely something upon which you laid your art for photographing. Those petals that extend over that corrugation won't be there in the final art, will they? What will you do--wrap them around the panel, or cut them off at the edge of it?
I think it can be placed in a floating frame against a linen background (not the corrugated one) with space around it, and it would look fantastic.

I like it, but I'm. finding it difficult to determine where your art truly "ends'. Is that corrugated background part of the actual art, or is is merely something upon which you laid your art for photographing. Those petals that extend over that corrugation won't be there in the final art, will they? What will you do--wrap them around the panel, or cut them off at the edge of it?
Thank you for commenting, WF!

Ugh, that background: the scientists call this "bad photography." ;) Short answer: my white drafting table is splotched and dirty, so I reached for the first clean thing I had to lay the fresh little canvas on. I thought there was enough light to show the difference between the two, so I'm sorry you had trouble with it.

Here's another view. I found this little easel stand while cleaning a closet the other day, so at least it's not leaning against the wall anymore and is against a lighter background. :)

Sunflower on the mantle.jpg

Those petals that extend over that corrugation won't be there in the final art, will they? What will you do--wrap them around the panel, or cut them off at the edge of it?
Those extended petals are definitely in the final piece: they ARE the piece. Now that I've had time to sit with the little guy and read assessments and comments from more experienced artists on this site, I'm much more comfortable with it. :)

Thank you again for looking and commenting!

That's art. It's easy and obsessive for us to over analyze what we're doing. Accidents and mistakes should be there, I hate the idea of perfection. You've given us enjoyable art, thank you. :)
Love you, Zen!!! ❤️

I think it can be placed in a floating frame against a linen background (not the corrugated one) with space around it, and it would look fantastic.
You're a genius. (But I say that often.) ❤️

Will a 5x7 canvas fit well in a floating frame? I'm so used to working on nice, thin paper. I gave no thought to the end game for this piece, other than a vague idea of eventually screwing in one of those tiny sawtooth holders. 🤪

You can take it to a framer who can float it in a little shadowbox. A good framer will know how to do it. It's pricier, but it would make this look so out of sight, you'll like it even more! ♥️

You can take it to a framer who can float it in a little shadowbox. A good framer will know how to do it. It's pricier, but it would make this look so out of sight, you'll like it even more! ♥️
That's a great idea! Never would have occurred to me.

Kay, Flowercat - thanks to you both for your kind words. It means a lot. ❤️

Back