Traditional and Digital Painting- Digital Art Future

Osinum

I am a student at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Turkey. With the help of my sister, I prepared the following English questionnaire. By participating in this survey, you will be providing valuable information that can help us understand the relationship between the skills and techniques used in traditional painting and digital painting.

https://forms.gle/2kvBAYBfoV58a3dr5

Appreciate your contribution

I am an oil painter of many years. I also painted in watercolors. I've sold both, and received a few awards. I also used to retouch in Photoshop for a living, when I worked at a lithography plant here in town.

But I gtotta' tell you, whenever I see a heading that indicates the piece is "digital art", I quickly move to the next topic. To me, digital art is not any more intriguing than looking at the results of someone that has built a brick wall, or a Buick. They both require a degree of skill, but it is not the same sort of "skill" that interests me, as an artist. Sorry. Mixing a color by touching a key on a keyboard is not the same type of skill level as one who has squeezed paints out on a palette, and has before him, the task of smooshing the correct ones (or portions of the correct ones) together in order to create the desired one.

Hi Bill, I've missed you around here. Hope you are still painting your beautiful creations.

Hi Bill, I've missed you around here. Hope you are still painting your beautiful creations.
Hi Sno,
Well, I've been inspired by an artist who has many youtube tutorials that I've been watching. He paints in a style all his own, and I appreciate his work, as well as his techniques of accomplishing it.

My wife is still in the memory care facility, and I visit her a couple of times a week. I've decided to paint some miniatures in oil paint. 5" x 7" is the size, and I'm enjoying it, although it will not be very marketable.

I've decided to paint some miniatures in oil paint. 5" x 7" is the size, and I'm enjoying it, although it will not be very marketable.
You might be surprised. Many people really like miniatures. They decorate with groupings.

Back