Traditional Artist Attempts Digital Painting

JessieNebulous

I'm in the process of moving and don't have access to my supplies, so I decided to work on my digital painting skill. Even my traditional painting skills leave a lot to be desired (my strength is drawing and colored pencil), so this was quite a challenge! I'm reasonably satisfied with the result. I tried to find a happy middle ground between blending and leaving some painterly textures.

jellyfish.png

abstract2.png

This is just a bonus. I was testing out various brushes and ended up with a pretty interesting abstract.

These were made with the free Krita software.

Very nice result. Krita is quite powerful software and with the variety of brushes you can easy get lost :) It's could be challenging until you find your favourite brush.

Very nice result. Krita is quite powerful software and with the variety of brushes you can easy get lost :) It's could be challenging until you find your favourite brush.
Thank you! Yeah, the plethora of brushes is a little daunting but also inspiring. There's some that give traditional-style textures that I find really appealing, but also some that are clearly digital that are quite interesting as well. I think a combination of both is quite a nice mix.

Nice work on these. It looks as if you had fun. I haven't used Krita but I have read good things about it. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

I especially love the top piece Jessie. It has a really cool style that is original and compelling. Your skills are GOOD! Don't sell yourself short. ;) ♥️ ♥️

Back