toohless wonder (or wondering about toothless?)

I'm a big fan of Bristol paper and have used several brands. It performs well for transparent watercolor, brush pen, acrylic inks, and Caran D.

Update. Having looked at and read about Bristol paper, it's not quite what I'm seeking.
However, I am experimenting with Strathmore 400 Multimedia Paper after reading about it, and it may very well be what I'm seeking. Will work on it some more.
Also wondering if I might not have been using this medium quite right, so will try again.

Bart! I would be happy to send you a couple of small sheets of Arches hot press for you to try. For free.

I have played around with Caran d'Ache Neocolors as well as other water soluable dry media and I didn't find a way for the toothiness to disappear. If the paper was VERY smooth, I had a different problem, when I wet the paper, the dry media lifted. I ended up touching the crayons with a brush and used it like watercolor. I'll be interested in seeing how you make out.

OK, update is that the Strathmore 400 Multimedia paper seems to work well with Caran D'Ache for my purposes. Far less tooth than watercolor specific papers so far and still takes water quite well.

Back