Searching for superblooms and finding.... (x-post Plein Air)

Bartc

Not so easy in the SF Bay Area, despite all the lovely pictures posted of flowers. My group went out to Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont, CA, yesterday in hopes of spotting a big varied colored bloom. Nope, but there were instances of floral highlights.

It was cold as the Arctic with a stiff wind blowing, plus long straight uphill walks to the supposed best spots, and already ill with a cold, instead of lugging my heavier pastel or acrylic gear I opted to keep experimenting with Caran D'Ache Neocolor II crayons. Got two, one landscape from life and one take off on blooming Ceanothus bushes, both 12x9" on Bockingford hot-pressed paper. (Excuse the hastily done photos.) B. Charlow 2023
coyote 1.jpg

coyote 2.jpg

Good ones Bart! I'm lucky - live in southern California, so I"m fortunate enough to see the super blooms all over the place

Neat landscape! Looks like you're getting comfortable with the neocolorsII :)

Neat landscape! Looks like you're getting comfortable with the neocolorsII :)

Beautiful! I LOVE that second one so much. It's really special. ❤️

When it's that cold and windy, bring a ski mask! Your description was hurting my cheeks. :ROFLMAO:

These are beautiful!
I face exactly the opposite problem. It is too hot and dusty most of the time to do any outdoor artwork. Considering that, it is a wonder that the on location sketching and painting movement is drawing so many people to it over here.

Back