time you have to edit your post after posting

Roni

sorry to start a thread for such a trifle, but I've just noticed that the time-limit to edit a post after sending is only 15 min.

One might say: Then just re-read what you've written BEFORE you post it, and he/she would have a point.

I usually do read my posts before sending. But I also do read them afterwards again (sometimes) and I'm pretty sure - at an artists-forum - that some will understand the urge to change details (or add things) by looking at what you've made; and this applies also by lookig at it an hour later. In my case (esp. because I'm no native speaker) I feel this urge very much.

It's not about Changing the Meaning of what you said, of course, it is about making More clear what it Was you meant.
[yes, I am aware that extending the time-limit would make Both options possible, but this Should not happen as we are family here, right?]

In other words and to end it short:
Please, mjp, would you extend the edit-time, like you did on this other forum?
Thanks eternally!

Please, mjp, would you extend the edit-time, like you did on this other forum?
I think you have special elevated permissions on the other forum that give you a longer than normal editing window. But I agree that 15 minutes is too short. That must be the default.

I'll ask Carol if she wants to stretch it out.

I've given everyone an hour now. I hope that works. Let me know if you think you need more time. ;)

Back