Some Faces

I love her eyes, Jocelyne. Beautiful painting. Did the use it for the magazine?
No, we didn’t. As you can tell it was a Buk book and chose something else. I will paint a rug or an animal where the book is. I kind of like her too although the colours in her face are a little zombie like. I kept her.
Thanks, Arty!

Another of my circus ones with face. The house where I had spent part of my youth burned down with everything from the past, instruments, photos and family stuff. Many paintings, boho clothing left in the attic, early drawings, my first painting and a few newer paintings . The face is the face of my then boyfriend ( now passed away), two authors and animals doing their thing. I still have it. It is an oil , 30x40, dating 2007. Houses have always been a thing for me, especially in dreams. I am often looking for a place where I had been happy and forget where the door is. An obsession of mine when I dream. Maybe I talk too much... I must be.
B8C569C9-2040-474E-BBE3-877490FF53D8.jpeg

Last edited:
I once did a portrait of Buk, but I don't have an image. I have a bad photo of it somewhere in storage. One day I'll get it out, but I'm sure it's worse than I remember it. But I have one of an old painting I did for my favorite poem, The Crunch. Also a very bad photo.

thecrunch300.jpg

I thought that I had cancelled the post. But, here is one. I had painted this one years, the eyes were too close together and I could not really fix it because the paint was too thick and I forgot about it. The second is a painting that my brother gave back to me. Him and his wife are extreme and the subject must have reminded him of how depraved we had been. 😁😎

0AB1B47E-4B56-4516-8818-E259C6EB4D85.jpeg

C6E95BAC-B98C-41F9-8914-A84513D06E35.jpeg

The little boy's eyes may be close set but it really gives him character! ❤ Love these.

I agree with sno, and I love the one of the woman. There is something so classical and timeless about it. It's just beautiful.

I don’t love the love button because it is laughing so hard. I would like the love button not to laugh sometimes. Especially when I seriously love. 😁🤣😹😄❤️

Love your paintings. It would be great to see them first hand. The circus one has your motifs. I think the author Howard Jacobson looks a bit like Buk, at least, in the eyes.

Love your paintings. It would be great to see them first hand. The circus one has your motifs. I think the author Howard Jacobson looks a bit like Buk, at least, in the eyes.
Thank you, Iain. I liked the interview. Author of a book about romance as you get older. That is an interesting subject once you reach the seventies, especially when you have been interested in a certain kind of beauty, not that it is essential but....arthritis would not be too much fun if you fell in love, heels over head, or is it head over heels...

Last edited:
I absolutely love the woman's expression in the portrait.and the big circus painting is fab to explore🙂

Wonderful faces.

I am known for my characters having Big Noses.
I can't paint a face with any degree of lifelikeness at all, so...big noses,
essentially, make my characters faces.

please can you share a couple of tips to painting a face, that a caricature amateur like myself
might learn from.

Wonderful faces.

I am known for my characters having Big Noses.
I can't paint a face with any degree of lifelikeness at all, so...big noses,
essentially, make my characters faces.

please can you share a couple of tips to painting a face, that a caricature amateur like myself
might learn from.
I can’t really say how I paint faces. I don’t have a technique. All I can say is that when I paint a face, it develops and I play with it until someone appears. 🙂 the rest is details.

Oh....just pure 'talent' is what I need....ha haaaaa.......love it.

Like the many many other artists who post here, I admire the talent and ability and enjoy
the images. It is an honour to be part of it all.

Back