Sketching from Streetview

Delightful sketches Kay. I love following your project.

Sorry for the very rocky end of 2021 and beginning of 2022. Glad things are calming down again and you can get some sketching in.

Kay, I finally decided to see what this thread was all about and I’m so glad I did! Your sketches are wonderful and it would be hard to pick a favorite. The cream colored paper does something special to them. I’m so sorry about the illness in your family and the loss of your grandmother. Hopefully better times are ahead. Keep sketching!

That’s great. I have used photography to capture street scenes. But seeing your work makes me want to try that too.

Ann - thank you for your comments. I was worried that if I didn't return to this soon, I never would!

Donna - many thanks for looking in and for your comments, it is appreciated.

Desforges - thank you for commenting. Please do give it a go!

Jo - thank you. I like trying different papers. I was thinking this morning that I should give dark paper a try at some point.

After today's sketch, I really want to go to Corsica. It's grey ink on cream paper.

20220203_193009.jpg

Kay - Ive just noticed this Thread, and what wonderful, exciting places youve been 'digitally' or should that be 'virtually'? An amazing collection of sketches you have from different parts of the world! Do please keep going! Loving them!

Thanks for looking in Vivien! I'm glad you like the sketches. It's an interesting way to explore as well as getting some drawing practice. :)

I was pleased today to find that I had zoomed into Australia. I think this was the edge of a small town. I got very excited to see tree ferns in someone's garden so I concentrated on those and missed out the garden and house. We have a tree fern in our garden that spends half the year under a fleece blanket as our winters can be too cold for them. One day I hope it grows to the size of these!

Grey ink on cream paper again.

20220206_214239.jpg

Kay - Hadnt seen your tree ferns sketch but its beautiful! I love tree ferns, wonderful tree ferns in NZ too! And yes, I agree, there's something special about old buildings and trees!

Thanks Wayne :)

Hi Viv, yes I love tree ferns. We have one in our garden but as we're so far north we have to wrap it in fleece for 5 or 6 months of the year!

Thanks Ayin. Hopefully more to come this week.

Back