Site-X Insecure?

laika

Loitering Member
Chromium browser currently reports that Site-X is insecure and advises me to avoid. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: NBpro and DuckDuckGo also choked on it at the time of this post.

Last edited:
WC, I suppose, Wayne. I'm on my phone, using Chrome and was able to pull it up. It was awfully slow, though. Might be issues on their end, since the plan is to eventually kill it. Doubtful the corporation that owns it is bothering with much maintenance.

WC, I suppose, Wayne. I'm on my phone, using Chrome and was able to pull it up. It was awfully slow, though. Might be issues on their end, since the plan is to eventually kill it. Doubtful the corporation that owns it is bothering with much maintenance.
Yup, thanks, Terri! Sorry, Wayne. I figure that people here are tired of constant references to the site which many have lately given up on and found their way to this (CS) jewel of the internet.

Anyway, three of my browsers choked on it earlier, but it seems to be palatable to them again now. End of incident, I guess.

Ladies and gents, I hope not be misunderstood but the creators (moderators) of this excellent site are getting sick and tired (yes, sick and tired) of the numerous uncalled for mentions of that site that’s dead and gone. Try to restrain yourselves please. And if you do find it necessary to talk about it, please do it privately.
Enough is enough.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Some of these comments, and others I have read here, seem poloarized and ring of political affiliation. IMO, WC is a very good site that has served artists well. What is wrong with open discourse on this subject?

Some of these comments, and others I have read here, seem poloarized and ring of political affiliation. IMO, WC is a very good site that has served artists well. What is wrong with open discourse on this subject?

In my opinion Patrick (and others), there's no real place for talking about it here (to death!) in all honesty. And no one has ever told anyone that they couldn't. You mention politics--that's exactly why we don't talk about that here either, and that's actually a rule. I've never made a rule that we couldn't speak of WC. Never. (Not yet--LOL!)

However, it seems that some (few) of the members here have been courteous enough to stop talking about how they have once posted this or that work of art on there before posting it here (for what reason, I don't know), or how loyal they are to the rules of that site, or how sad they are to lose it, or blah, blah blah. Enough already! This site has absolutely nothing to do with them. They banned me for Christ's sake! So then I built my own forum. No one really seems to respect that at all. If some of you hate that I don't like (or a few others don't like) that you talk talk talk about WC all the time, you don't have to be part of this community. That is your choice. I am just trying to make a nice place here and nothing more.

If people want to start polarizing discussions, they are free to do that somewhere else or create a platform where they can do so. That is not why I built this one. I won't allow those kinds of discussions to continue for very long, and people can complain openly about this on WC (as some have) if they prefer. I don't care. I'm not trying to make money, garner a bunch of users, or anything like that, so that is why I don't care.

Thanks for your understanding.

My bad, and I apologize to one and all. It was impulsive of me to post what I thought might have been some sort of early closing. That was the extent of my intention. But again, yes - impulsive and ill-considered.

Back