Site to post your artwork for exposure - Maybe?

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi Folks. Firstly, if this is the wrong subforum, or if it offends or breaks and forum rules, please moderate!
I earlier ran this past the team and it seems OK. I have a very-very new website where I will be offering "free" reviews of artwork or books.
Basically I will be promoting my own stuff, but others are welcome to tag along for the ride.
I have absolutely no intention of going "big", competing with, or trying to be a next new thing.
This is an organic thing to make use of the domain name, at this point there is no thought of offering any artwork for sale.
We could link to any post you have here, pending Creativesparks approval.

So. If you are interested, keep these points in mind :
1 I or you can post on UPosted.com and I will do an "artists opinion" of your work, and it will get some social juice (X etc).
2 I am NOT qualified to offer critiques on a technical, artistic or any other angle, this would be, "just as I see it" with all my biases.
3 The same goes for any book you may have written.
4 The review/comments will be free, a coffee is welcome but absolutely not expected, it would just top up site costs.
5 I will be under no obligation to complete anything in a timely manner, my art and life take precedence.
6 Remember, I am an aging learnatic artist, not a trained, qualified art-degree type.

So, is this something any of you good folk would like to take advantage of?
Feel free to offer suggestions or opinions. If you would like to be involved, let me know.

Hi Ayin, likewise, and why I have asked for thoughts. Feel free to moderate. The downsides of low visibility etc are obvious at least for a while. The site will likely focus on books for now.

Well, this is an interesting offer, Murray. May take you up on that. As to whether to post it here, up to Ayin & moderators, of course.

But I do love the phrase "learnatic artist". Did you coin that or borrow it from somewhere quotable?

Do you really want to read my/anyone's books? No offense taken if not. They're not about art, though one does have some humorous illustrations.

Hi Bart, you are welcome. I don't mind reading, just that I will not make time commitments. I'm re-editing my book just now. Learnatic, usually referred to a learner driver, but applies anywhere... Aussie. I see myself as both learnatic and artist.

Back