Scavenger Hunt from Life- #44-Oct 30 - Nov 7

I did it! Finished Inktober with 31 ink drawings.
20221031_173633 (Phone).jpg

20221101_091437 (Phone).jpg

20221031_190219 (Phone).jpg

20221031_190224 (Phone).jpg

20221031_190228 (Phone).jpg

Joan, you got a nice number of items in your NY sketch! Nicely done. I like the barn with the uneven windows. Congrats on Inktober, love the cemetery.

Robin, nice fancy lights. I like the colors.

Sylwia, welcome. Love your hand with the curled in thumb. The uplifted finger is nice and graceful looking.

Ai, your Happy Halloween made me chuckle. Clever bug find. Your art tools, hands and feet are great.

joe1lt, I really like your friendly cat sketches.

amo, Angela, congrats on finishing Inktober. I didn't have the patience this year. Great ellipses on the bottle cap and metal lid. Clever wooden item, cute bottle and the pliers could work well for me to open old paint tubes! Thanks.

See y'all later.

Sylwia, thank you. You can draw the same thing as many times as you like...especially if it looks this good!

Joe, nice shape to your cat sketches!

Jo, good digital sketch of the foot and leg. I like the shading. Almost missed your comments. For some reason they posted after my new post.

Angela, congrats on completing the Inktober challenge!

My plein air group met this morning at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge this morning. It was alternating drizzling and misting, but luckily they have a building with nearly floor to ceiling windows overlooking the old ice pond at the end of Quantuck Creek. Inside they have displays of animals and other creatures.

10 - animal - ink and watercolor

IMG_1178.jpeg

11 - bug - ink

IMG_1179.jpeg

12 - free space - watercolors

IMG_1175.jpeg

Thank you very much for your nice words on my drawings.

@joe1It – very nice and well done sketches

@Jo Castillo – good-looking digital foot.

@amo – impressive sketches. I've participated in Inctober challenge twice, but I couldn't finish it with all sketches done.

@Joan T – lovely turtle and bug. Beautiful free space.

#2 Wood – seagull figure, pencils in A5 sketchbook.

2.jpg

mewa.jpg

Joan, fun you found a turtle (I like the soft color) and dragonfly. The tree scape is lovely.
Sylwia, nifty find for wood. I like your hatching/lines.

Sylwia, thanks. It is nice to go somewhere and find items on the hunt list. Oh, great sketch of the wooden seagull. I like that!

Today's outing took me to the Old Field Lighthouse.

13 - house - watercolor done on Khadi paper which I bought in Paris and have had for several years. I figured I should at least try it out...about 6 x 8.

IMG_1187.jpeg

Hi art buddies... good to see some of us are sketching. it’s been otherwise here.....hope to squeeze in a crack today.

Sylvia- greetings, good to have your company. Cool hand sketches. Fun seagul gets mention in the Most Moodable category for this hunt. The light color background and reflect on base make space for introspection available. Nice......

Ai - adorable digits...the non dominant writing tools grant a feeling of uncertainty, a common state we all move thru then the simple hand with the tentative tools make nice combo ending with an “aaahhhh” of relaxing feet make this a perfect triage....kudos

Joan- cool gravestone Collection, super turtle and moth sketch....nice simple pair feels just right. Brrrr the dark waters surrounded by autumn leaves give a deep chill.... nice catch . Classy architecture piece....you are working with art all the time...thanks for sharing with us.

Joe1- fun cat skectches...typical page....good idea to focus on one part , They are fun to sketch. I never know if they enjoy the attention or not, but then that is typical cat . Liked seeing the different ear views..looks like you honed in closer and grabbed surrounding detail more as you went....

JoC. Really enjoy your and Ai digáis....like everything about Genes foot, leg, shoe and pants—-maybe I could get Tom to pose those parts for me and work up ;)

Angela—. Wow, great sketches..... nice graded hatching, darks and lights maintained make the forms so pleasant. Like the directional accents on the pliers...great form of nail polish bottle, the tiny slit of clear glass at the bottle bottom is the subtile defining touch that makes me smile.

Well, I hope we all manage to sketch .....something maybe even on the back of an old envelop or sales receipt that floats by.....have a good day. Friends....draw something.....maybe?

Joan, great lighthouse and to find "new" paper to use. Just gorgeous.

Hi to all the rest...

I sketched on the porch as per normal in the ArtStreet book 9 x 12 inches with a Micron 03.
#4,5,6 Three types of lighting - outside lights, ceiling fan/light and wall sconce all on one page.

csshfl44lighting.jpg

Sylwia, thanks. I don't know why I hadn't been to this lighthouse before.

Robin, thank you. I'm always trying to find something to fit the hunt when I've got to choose a subject for the day.

Jo, thanks. The paper is odd...almost as thick as cardboard and very stiff. I know it comes in softer paper but this was an impulse buy when I was in France in the Sennelier store. I had to buy something! Nice variety of lighting.

Thanks, Joe. I like the lines on your hand.

14 - foot - ink
15 - hand

IMG_1209.jpeg

My Wednesday night sketch group is meeting at the library now that it gets dark earlier. Our theme last night was cosmetics and related items.
16 - tool #1 (makeup brush) - watercolors and ink
17 - tool #2 (mirror)
18 - tool #3 (tweezer)
IMG_1210.jpeg

Thanks.

joe1lt, nice loose lines on your hand.

Joan, clever hand and foot together. Great assortment for the still life. Pretty bottle, too.

Well I've been absent for a few days due to exam grading....

Jo: Thanks... Super on digi feet and all challenging ceiling fan lamp and other lamps....

Sylvia-D: Thanks... Wonderful lines in all French press, tube, and hand. Lovely seagull. Love the soft feel to them all.

Joan: Thanks... Wow such a storm of great sketches... from landscapes, plants, to girl make-up tool still-life stuffs, bug, and animal. Nice foot and hand sketch. How do you like Khadi paper, did it come as wc block or sketchbook...

AMO: Thanks... Congratulations on completing InkTober series... Fantastic.

Robin: Thanks.... fun and super cute three in bedroom set. Nice logo sketches.

Joe1: Thanks... Nice cat heads, and super on the digi hand.

Today I had a sketchout trip with my new art friend, who, I just learn that he lives near me, along Bangmod area, a canal orchard community, southwest side of Bangkok. And it happened to be a culture event on our canal this weekend, many local homes open their homes for visitors to learn of our orchard and farm, and life along this unique canal of Bangkok. We stopped at two spots for sketching: at one of local farm, where during our sketches two ducks were coming to checking me out, and my art buddy putting me down on left corner of his picture along with those curious ducks. The next spot was at a bit run-down but unique charming homes on the Bangmod canal. My art buddy is a professional interior designer; his line works are amazing.

#11 freespace b) Safetist Farm, on Bangmod Canal, a place in my neighborhood.... done in directwatercolor, with a few dabs of ink in the middle of the top to end the process ... about 1 hour

h45_FreeSpace_3a.jpg

h45_FreeSpace_3b.jpg

h45_FreeSpace_3c.jpg

#12 homes ... done in directwatercolor ... about 1 hour
h45_FreeSpace_4b.jpg

h45_FreeSpace_4c.jpg

h45_FreeSpace_4a.jpg

Thanks Jo & Joe for your comments.

Sylwia, great coffee press. I have a French press too to make my coffee since I only drink 1 cup. Got used to making it that way in Italy...but you can make my coffee anytime.

Robin, fun items from your bedroom and good logos too! Love the little creatures.

Ai, thanks. The Khadi papers are loose and only about 7 x 9 inches...but thick like cardboard. A friend has a sketchbook with much thinner papers. I love all the character of the locations you have been sketching. These would be fun to do! Nice work by both of you.

IMG_1226.jpeg

Hi everybody, thanks.

Sylwia, mmm French Press coffee, nice. Never saw tomato paste in a tube. Nice lines and hatching.

Robin, such cute finds in the bedroom! Love the style and fun logos.

Ai, oh, your watercolor of Bangmod farm is beautiful. Love your second with the boat on the canal. Your friend has such delicate detail. Fun to see you sketching. Thanks for sharing that.

Joan thanks for sharing the info on your paper. Sounds nice for framing between two pieces of glass to show the edges.

I painted in pastels for an on line show so no sketching. I'll share when it's posted. Too lazy to sketch and paint. Should sketch when I watch TV ... oh well.

The new Hunt is up, but you have a day to finish here. See all y'all over on the new Hunt 45.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-45-nov-7-nov-15.4681/

Thanks, Robin for this Hunt. ((hugs))

Back