Scavenger Hunt from Life #35: August 10 - 18

Jo, thanks. You know how I love scenes with "stuff."

Angela, well you sound like you're prepared with materials to paint... :)

Ai, thank you. Yummy looking chocolate bars.

Angela: Have fun with any materials you enjoy. Looking forward to seeing the result.

We were out to have Thai streetfood in our neighborhood. Our table got a close view of parking motorcycles...

#2 sub. an auto with a somewhat Vespa like, done with Pentel touch brush pen ... about 7 minutes... :unsure: I have a problem of placing my item in the middle of the page properly... So I had no space for the whole subject.

h35_auto1.jpg

h35_auto2.jpg

#3 hole
a) a sand dollar ... done by cp and pen
b) painting palette (with a thumb hole) ... done by pen and gray brush pen

#4 older ... done by pen

h35_withHole-Older.jpg

Last edited:
Angela, have fun with the oils. Fun to smoosh the paint around once in a while.

Hi Joan, thanks.

Ai, oh my. Yummy chocolates. You have me hunting some real ones to eat! Your moto is so cute in the sketch. Nice find. The sand dollar, palette and glasses are great finds, too. Good job.

I sketched on the porch in a mixed media sketchbook - Art Street. I think I got it at the Dollar Store. Pretty good paper. I used the Blick gray markers, Micron 08, Gelly Roll white and colored pencils.
Number 2, can
Number 3, label
Number 4, fancy - the copper hummingbird feeder with butterflies and fancy glass. The hummers like the regular plastic one better. Ha.
csshfl35can.jpg

csshfl35label-fancy.jpg

Jo: Thank you. Love all your sketches: super can, fancy feeder, delicate label.... lol that the hummers are minimalists than we thought.

Joan - great job on the house, jealous of the guy on the sailboat you make it look so inviting. Love your obsession with drawing/painting stuff. I always focus on one thing. Stuff always feels overwhelming.

Angela - Remember rule #1. Have fun!

Aii - yummy treats. Looking at the scene you painted and the sketchbook, did you consider using landscape? Also that scooter is beautiful both the painting and the real thing. Love Chrome bikes! Good finds on sand dollar and palette.

Jo - Nice job on the can label and feeder. Cool looking feeder even if the birds prefer the plastic one.😎. Do you like the Blick gray markers?

Wave 👋 to Joe1 and lurkers peeking in.

Keep sketching
Joe

Ai, how fun to be close enough to sketch the vespas. I tend to end up with too much space at the bottom of my sketching page. lol I like your palette...good paint space! I have a sand dollar hiding somewhere...

Jo, I like the fancy hummingbird feeder and your crushed can!

Joe 1, thanks.

Joe, I think sometimes I'm a bit obsessed with getting out to sketch something every day. Usually I don't catch the sailboats when they are out on the water. I was determined to get at least one from this group. lol

Joe and Joan: Thank you so much.

Joe: I use both landscape and vertical format all the times. However, when I sketched at the scene, especially in this incident, I was next to my family having dinner (street food) ... so I was a bit hurry with the sketch as I don't want them to wait for me too long. I would have more time to think and plan when I am off for the sole sketching trip.

#5 fancy ... macaroon ... done using directwatercolor ... in Thailand with high humidity air, making macaroon is very challenging to any pastry chefs. So most high-end cafe or pastry places here often charge more for their macaroon. Today I let Iris, Lily got a few as their treats.

h35_fancy.jpg

Last edited:
Jo - Nice job on the can label and feeder. Cool looking feeder even if the birds prefer the plastic one.😎. Do you like the Blick gray markers?
The markers are OK. I'm not a fan of markers in general as you can't really blend the colors and they bleed through on regular sketchbook paper. I thought I might use them for landscapes or city scapes which I don't do often, ha.

Ai, ahh, fun to sketch Tone. Happy he lets you!! Gene is good about it and mostly fine even when it doesn't look like him . Nice ellipses on the teapot and fun fancy cookies.

I sketched on the porch, subbing a trailer for auto. In the regular paper sketchbook with a Sharpie fine marker, couldn't find the pen again. Dang.
Number 5, auto and Number 6, input - a plug on the porch

csshfl35auto.jpg

Super Job.Happy mid-August . Other extraordinary additions, the amaretti from me are different reminded me of other sweets with coloured almonds and shapes of fruits, amaretti (I liked them so much, some make them soft and incredible soft (I fear I remember a bar that amaretti sold them wrapped individually, because they produced them in that country or nearby, very good even if they had become quite expensive last time) but they also make them to biscuits, biscuits also in packages, biscuits are a bit hard apparently but then crispy, 2 very different types but still tasty) I didn't know them colourful but of the Almond type colour or flour white. Beautiful and beautiful designs.

Wonderful, colorful and fun work from everyone so far! I'm just popping in to wave Hello! Will try to get in some sketches on this Hunt - we're moving in about 3 weeks and suddenly I'm looking at packing up boxes again. :(

Keep up the great work, my sketching buddies!

Ai, your macaroons look so yummy...love how colorful they are. Nice direct watercolors of the kettle and Tone.

Jo, good job on the trailer and that textured wall with the plug.

5 - smooth (eggplant) - watercolor
IMG_0579.jpeg

Joan: Thanks. Lovely work on the kitchen garden veggies... nice eggplant

Terri: Thanks. Have a good smooth move... not that easy time but hope to see nice reward after you all settle in. ... Hints, sketch your room before unpacked and after unpacked. ;-)

Joe1: Thank you.

Joe: Thank you for your kind comment. Hope all is well with you and Sharon.

Jo: Thank you. Such a neat idea on auto and the clever input sketches. Welldone. Love the wonderful strings on the guitar too.

EP & Andy & Angela & All: Hello.

Well yesterday I had a brief moment walking around our small campus ... saw a plastic boat on the dry dock ...no sketchbook ... so I had to resort to the mobile phone digi tool.

#8 boat ... done with the PenUp App on my mobile phone Samsung Note S ... about 5-10 minutes ...I try to keep "undo" to the minimum.

h35_boat.jpg

Last edited:
Back