Scavenger Hunt from Life #28 -June 15 - 23

Hi, beautiful work from everyone, thanks for the list, I tried these
2022-06-19 17-09.jpeg
2022-06-19 17-16.jpeg

1 clock , 2 window

Ai, very cool of the coconut harvester. I have seen a few palm trees but nothing like you have! I love your multicolored hands, too. Fun.

Robin, I understand about the hands. Every once in a while I think I should look for a part time job, then I think, "What? I'm almost 80 years old." I really like the hatching on your hands and faucet. The shoe and bottom of the holder are well done, too.

Jennie Jo, I like your table stuff. Pretty multi colored bowl. I love pottery.

joe1lt, good on the watch. Pretty complicated. Interesting window with latch.

I sketched in the regular 9 x 12 sketchbook with a Micron 02 today here at my desk.
Number 2, hand
Number 3 kitchen utensil - opener
Number 4, hand position 2

csshfl28hand-utensil.jpg

Yay - some sketches I did in a waiting room apply to this list! Ink on the back side of printer paper.

1. a shoe - sandal with strange proportions
2. hand - position one. Challenge- drawn hand holding something - my thumb holding this clip board with paper for sketching
3. hand - position two
4. hand - position three

hunt28-03.jpg

hunt28-05.jpg

hunt28-01.jpg

hunt28-04.jpg

Sorry the images are so large.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Robin - Thanks for the new list! Yay hand! more hands and show and that drain(?) (bottom of a blender?) Oh I see a pen marker holder
Joan - hooray for hand studies. Yay items on the end table. Is the Nicolls point a restaurant?
Jo - I always enjoy your ink marks for landscape. Yay bottle opener
JennieJo - Ooh the view towards the path in the trees looks so dreamy :) Great bowl and knife
Ai - yay - what tool does the coconut harvester person use? A long bamboo stick with something on the end? Yay look at those colourful hands
joe1lt - ooh watch

JennieJo, I like your view of the path and all that foliage. Nice! Your bowl and knife are nicely shaded.

Jo, thanks. I have to keep practicing those cars. They aren't easy.

Ai, that sketch of the coconut harvester is great. You really captured the action! Good hand gesture sketches too.

Robin, thanks so much. Nice hand sketches, but the shoe is so well done and the faucet is perfect. Whoo-hoo!

9 - chairs - ink
IMG_0216.jpeg

10 - viewed from a distance - direct watercolor

IMG_0218 (2).jpeg

11 - bottom of a column - watercolors and ink

IMG_0213.jpeg

EP - In answer to your question...Nichols Point was down near a marina and restaurant. I think it may be the name of the marina. Good hand studies. I like your comfy looking sandals.

Missed a few sketches yesterday.

Joe 1, good work on the watch and the window with shutters.

Jo, nice hand sketches, especially the one holding that handy kitchen tool. Do we have a bottle of wine to open?

EP, you always have good perspective and unusual poses/composition. Great hatching on the hands and shoe.Thanks.

Joan, we can never compliment your figures too much. Great expressions and gestures. The landscapes are good. I like your greens and shadows. Thanks. And yes, there is always a bottle of wine. Everyday, though, we drink the box Franzia wines. The cabernet is from Chile and always good. With boxes you can drink just a glass and no air gets in so it stays good for weeks.

Jennie-jo- nice bowl——charcoal gives it a nice touch

Ai- maybe your left hand feels your longings ( hey that’s an unintended pun). Drawing with nondominant hand makes it clear how much we take our dominante hand for granted. I am glad you can still paint.....I tried playing piano but wasn’t exactly my thing, i really like the clarinet but that too takes quick fingers so I get down once a while with the digerido.

Joan- lovely plien air work, just lovely lately there is a grandiose quality to the buildings.....must be from breathing all that fresh air - that must why these are breathtaking!

Ep - yay for impromptu sketches on stuff that happens to available. Nothing like sketching to make waitting pass fast. I used to carry a little notebook and sketch in grocery line....the time goes FAST, hahah...the one of the thumb has some kind of mystique going on....I really like it but don’t know why...fun sketches.

JoC - ahhh, the wine bottle opener...I like wine but if I drink even one glass a day my digestion get cranky so I keep it down to a watered down glass every three or four days, nice set. The forefinger and thumb nails it.....nice drawing/ lame pun

Edited - add my comments about sketches posted by others.

Joan - love the sketch of people sketching :) (is that considered meta?) Thank you.
Jo - thank you
Robin - thank you. Turns out sketching works better in a waiting room because there is canned background music, conversation, calling out names, etc.

Here is another set of sketches. Ink, 5x8" page, with marker.

5. listening device
6. clock
7. bottom of something
8. end table with items on it - a weather station on a table that used to be a bed side table.
hunt28-06.jpg

hunt28-07.jpg

Cheers,

#1 hand #1 Wanted to get something done to participate so this is more a digital scribble than a sketch. About 15 min in Procreate.

9D678E5C-4543-475D-94D7-03D1C455404C.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Joe Fl , hi that is a really nice 15 minute digital thumbs up! it is hard with digital for me to not get caught up in all the doodades ...it all feels so immediate but messing up comes faster too. Glad you got to do a little somethin

Ep....nice set.... these sketches ave good solid shapes...the end table arrangement is scaled relationships good....the strokes of color are pleasing too.
DEEB7E21-1DDE-4339-8396-AC66A98F53C3.jpeg

7 - viewed from below - table
8-chair
9-listening device
10-picture hanging (granddaughter-yes, she is sticking her tongue out....
11-lap
12-stuff on end table
F495A548-BFB8-476F-99F7-B354BA861B36.jpeg

#5 sub. views from distance with my life sketches of Lefty Lucy, posing life via Zoom from New Orleans... (most done with directwatercolor and one done with OP)

June22_2022_LeftyLucy1.jpg

June22_2022_LeftyLucy2.jpg

June22_2022_LeftyLucy3.jpg

June22_2022_LeftyLucy4.jpg
June22_2022_LeftyLucy5.jpg

Last edited:
EP: The coconut harvest tool is a super long bamboo stick, in which the top end has a blade attached to it.

Joan, Jo, Joe, Robin, EP, Joe1 : Cool awesome sketches.... very inspiring.

Last edited:
Robin - is that first hand watercolor? Hatching on hands, faucet and shoe is great. Cool pen holder. Great perspective on the both tables, chair and legs.

Joan - like the hand sketches. You have a very uncluttered end table. Cool clock. My parents had one that looked a lot like that but it was wind up. Watching the piece at the bottom turn was mesmerizing. Think all your Lucy drawing/painting is paying off . Your renditions of people are excellent. Your watercolors are also superb with strong contrast.

Jo - love how you captured the look of the scissor tail with so few lines. Like the hatching on the opener. The hand is super. Like the almost random lines showing shape.

JennieJo - cool multimedia of path Like the soft coloring on the bowl.

Ai - love seeing your reference with the painting. Your hands remind me of Robin’s old style. Using ink of any color but looking good as tones were all right. Especially like the 2 on the left. Love all the Lucy paintings.

Joe1 - nice watch and window sketches

EP -like all the line work on foot and hands. The hatching on the last one adds great dimension. Nice work on earphones, clock, etc.

Keep sketching
Joe

Hi, Robin, thanks. Cool under table and chair. Your picture made me smile and I had a table like yours. Fun items and hatching.

eyepaint, I like your listening device. Your clock is the kind Gene uses for exercise as it is easy to see. Interesting bottom?? Nice weather station and cabinet.

Joe, your thumbs up tells it all! Nice fist as well.

Ai, I love your Lucy sketches. Thanks for sharing those.

I sketched on the footstool watching the end of a baseball game. Regular sketchbook 9 x 12 with a Pilot ballpoint pen. Quickly as usual.
Number 5 listening device and Number 6 hand position 3

csshfl28listening.jpg

Back