Scavenger Hunt from Life #22: Apr 28 - May 6

Joe 1, your forbidden apple made me smile! Hope everyone is feeling better.

Jo, glad to see Minnie isn't hidden any more. Nice sketch. I have a Mickey to go with her. Oooh...colorful digital! Nicely done! Sorry your chocolate ice was disappointing. I had a chocolate ice the other day and it was yummy...I think the creaminess helped. It wasn't just icy. Nice sketches from your lunch place. I like the table up front with the hunt items. Hope you had something good to eat.

Robin, fun to see your sketches on different papers with text! Good job!!

Angela, I like the softness to the nail clippers...good detail too. Smart move to keep them around so you can clip when you need to. Nice view of the room above your computer. Thanks for showing us the oil pastel of the apple...lovely. Want to give lessons? Nice delicate look to your feather. They are fun to draw in any medium.

Joe, wonderful darks in your graphite of the camera. Do you use it a lot? My camera has sat unused for so long. Taking photos with the iPhone is just so much easier and handier. My favorite Italian ice flavor was watermelon...followed by cherry...but the chocolate one I had was really satisfying. lol

Sue, great job on the birds in the air. Mine never seem realistic to me, but yours look like they could glide on forever. I didn't think about salt & pepper shakers either until you mentioned it in relation to the binoculars. It would be hard to use them attached. lol

Ai, your apple in oil pastels looks good. I'm still not sure how to blend them. I tend to use them more like crayons and should learn more about them.

Just an update. Jerry had his second eye surgery yesterday. The doctor said all went well and there were no unexpected problems hiding in the back of his eye. Today we went back to the doctor's office. Right now there is no change in his vision and there probably won't be until it heals some. We are busy putting in drops on a schedule...and hoping to see an improvement soon.

I did sketch while we were at the hospital...first in his cubicle while the nurse was putting some drops in his eye.
13 - something you can tie (hospital gown) - ink
IMG_9979.jpeg

14 - table by the breakfast area in the hospital - ink
IMG_9983.jpeg

Joan: Glad Jerry has good operation. Great sketches, esp. people at hospital. Glorious spring plein air.

Angela: Super on both the feather and the apple. My kid's art teacher has suggested Lily to use baby oil with her humble oil pastel works. I had try that once and it came out pretty good too.

Jo: Thanks. Love your Minnie sketch as well as the limacorn.... So super cute. Fantastic high point view sketch of the dining hall... with lots of table and people.

Robin: Love all your fun and colorful sketches on the newsprint.

Hello Joe1 and other lurkers.

FYI 😊 -- @RobinSusan, -- just a gentle reminder of the Hunt#23 of your volunteered hosing starting on May 6th.

Thank you so much for your help.

Angela, such a soft floaty looking feather. Well done.

Joan, good sketches at the hospital. Glad it went well. The bright spring scene is lovely.

Ai, rope is a good idea for something to tie. Very nice.

I hadn't realized it is time for a new Hunt already. Wow the time is flying by. Thanks, Joe, for this Hunt. Happy I got something done.

Robin: Thanks for new list... I also like your version of the Hunt instruction too...

Jo: Thanks for your kind words... yeah ... time does fly...

Joe: Thanks so much for hosting this Hunt.

Hi friends, I really enjoyed everyone’s art more than I can say and you all spark my heart for art, never fails.

Joe Fl - wow, great camera take....it is a funny feeling when you post and then.....See what you overlooked.....I always just think about how involved in the process I must have been......no regrets just an observation

Ep- lyrical marker work,,,the colors so close but holding their own somehow....really nice tight feeling. I have three different color sets of to bow I adore and should work with more. Thanks for the inspiration.

ams - soft top lunch or art supply bag. The handle just says”go ahead and grab hold and let’s do this!” Love the minuet detail of the nailclippers ball chain!

Joan - Gee thanks for the video on refilling stuff That will come in handy. I love different inks too. Goulet pen company and Jetpens being my favorite go-to’s. Beautiful detail packed watercolors, houses sun, air power lines, and sand. The one with the sandbars is my favorite....seems so off the beaten path,...a kind of scene often overlooked and undervalued......a secret place in plain view maybe. Superdooper hospital bedside scene!!

Sue - glad you got to do a little sketching for the hunt

Jo- it is so fun drawing in public there is so much to see and it is a challenge to catch even a few quick space lines. Your rough sketches have good solid character. I think of you every time I move my hedgehog stuffy......I try to keep to a minimun of them but They are fun to have in little odd places...like flooded on top of a pile of TO DO sewing or tucked in obscure corner .....it’s fun to younger visitors if they can find one I “lost”

Joe1- yep, ipads are fun to create art on.....fun minion with his glasses askew and the banana peel has impeccable body language, the gray shadow under the napkin is nice touch....can’t wait to see some more!

Ai - lovely fresh see thru flowers look ever so delicate and gentle....gorgeous restaurant grounds. Thanks SO much for sharing photos with us. The pagoda buildings are entrancing. Thank you Tone for helping you to share your creative talents

Angela - Guess I need to take back the OP are tough to blend. You did a great job with OMS! 👍🏽. Feather is so delicate. Excellent.

Jo - Nice sketch of condiments. Love that you include the restaurant and other diners. Like how you worked the perspective.

Joan - I keep the camera on the floor next to my chair with some art supplies but have not used the camera in quite a while. I use my iPad or iPhone. 5he ink shading in sketch of Jerry is superb. The folks eating do nit look too happy. Spring colors is so good. The composition draws you in and up the path the the colors create a path around.

Ai - rope was clever pick and nicely drawn.

Robin - Whenever I catch something when I post or after it’s is more ”Dang how did I miss that!

Keep sketching
Joe

Joan, thanks. I'm not going to give OP lessons, but I did take some progress photos, and I'm still marveling at how well the OP worked with the OMS, so I may do a blog post about it. Hope Jerry's vision improves soon. Nice ink and direct WC sketches.

Ai, thanks. I haven't tried baby oil with oil pastels, but I experimented some with it years ago (with CP I think) and didn't enjoy working with it. I know OMS is more toxic, but I find it to be much more usable. Fun lines on your piece of rope.

Jo, thanks.

RobinSusan, thanks.

Joe, thanks. With OP, it's the OMS. It's magic. Blending was a joy.

Back