Scavenger Hunt from Life #125: Aug 07 - Aug 15 - AiArts (Ai)

AiArts

Hello everyone, please enjoy sketching from life here, either as much or as few as you can. Let's share your art sketching result here.

Scavenger Hunt from Life #125: --The list
--------------------------------------------------
leave
flower
fruit
root
branch
building
gives you shade
use on the face
use on our hand
clothing
accessory
book
box
bottle
made of glass
made of natural fibre
made of leather
rock or stone or boulder
food ... challenge#1 food in a plate
snack
candy
seasoning
pot or pan
shoe
socks
tile
challenge#2 food in a plate as a part of still-life set up of this Hunt items
Have fun

Done with markers at my office desk...
#1 bottle
#2 book
#3 box

1000004598.jpg

Ai, thanks for the list. Oooh, clever style for the bottle, box and book. Your bottle is transparent. Fun!!

Ai, I love the transparent look to the bottle! Nice that we can see the box and the book.

Our temperature went from nearly 90 degrees and humid yesterday, to 65 degrees and humid today with light rain. I can't even get my pool exercise in today...too cool to go in the water. lol

1 - shoe - Procreate

IMG_0155.jpeg

2 - building - watercolors
3 - branch
4 - stone pavers along the driveway

IMG_5755.jpeg

5 - gives you shade - watercolors

IMG_5759.jpeg

6 - leaves - watercolors
7 - flower

IMG_5752.jpeg

Joan: These sketches are exquisite !!!. Love the sunflower in various stages. Wonderful shade, and the marvelous fountain in the building scene. fun shoes scene in digi.

Ai - I have to join the others and comment on the really cool way you rendered the transparent bottle.

Joan - Excellent digital. Neat flowing water in the fountain. Like the aerial perspective in the umbrella sketch and pretty sunflowers.

God willing I hope to get at least a couple of sketches this time.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Hi everyone!
Joan your sketches are so good. I, of course, love the umbrellas. Your feet/shoes are very summery. Too cool, eh? I could send you some heat!

Hello Jo and Fletch... Hope you all are doing fine and can do some sketches even if it can be a few.

Thanks, Ai. I did find some time this a.m. (that's morning as an abbreviation). In the Little Fingers Sketch Pad tablet with a Micron 03 running out of ink and nib. I had to sharpen it in Photoshop to see it well in the sketch, ha.
Number 1, use on our hand - rubber glove

csshfl125for-hand.jpg

One more quick one at the physical therapy place. The two reception persons had on the same style shoes even though they were male and female. Quick in the Canson drawing sketchbook with the Acurit 03. Very quickly.
#2 shoes and #3 socks
csshfl125shoes-socks.jpg

Tone and I went to explored Bangkok Chinatown in the morning... and later after lunch we went to a cafe there. In late afternoon, we went to join my art group outing.

@joan...That was my converted Kido-Prang WC set to my another travel WC set...but I have not finished rearranging the colours and gluing the half pans down yet. Also, the half-pan of white gouache keeps getting dry and broke bits off and fell into other wc colors... So next time, I will carry white gouache in its tube separately.

#4 made of glass -- teapot ... pencils + wc + pen
#5 snack-- cookies
#6 give you shade ... umbrellas... directwatercolor

1000004642.jpg

1000004641.jpg

1000004649.jpg

1000004657.jpg

Later in a day, I joined our sketch group late, only 1 hour left before we took group photo and departed.

#7 buildings .... pencil + wc

1000004701.jpg

1000004690.jpg

Last edited:
What wonderful scenes you have painted. Your travels are so beautifully documented in these sketchbooks. Amazing keepsakes!

Ai - thanks for the list - nice marker sketch....love the see-thru bottle. Light, fun snack sketch...2 sweet umbrellas and great boat action...you got in some good art time!!

Joan - you fooled me again..it really looks like a watercolor. Nice relaxing feet. Adore the way you achievecd the water gushing over the edge...it's riveting! oh - super great sunflower...the piece engulfs, warms and soothes..Yep Ai has the right word- exquisite.....

Hi Fletch, Hope we get some sketching in....the 9 days of the hunt fly by.....I hope for any little doodle time...

JoC nice gentle hand sketch and fun underthe table view.....makes me smile....thanks

Every time someone comments, I have to go back and look at the neat sketches all over again.

Ai, the teapot and cookies are amazing. Looks like peanut butter cookies, yummy. The umbrellas made me smile. Your buildings and boat sketch is great. Even movement in the water.

Hi PaintBoss and Robin. Thank you both.

I went to see art exhibits with Iris, for Thai mother Day weekend....So many people around in exhibition hall.

#8 flowers ...dry flower in wraps for sale, front of bookshop

#9 made of natural fibres...a weave basket

1000004804.jpg

#10 use with hand...those piles of art printed tote bags...

1000004805.jpg

Attachments

• 1000004804.jpg
    1000004804.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
Ai, thanks so much. You've been busy sketching. I always enjoy seeing your artistically arranged food on plates. Maybe I need to start going to more cafes to have interesting subjects like you find. Thanks for sharing all your work. I love the scene along the river...so colorful and filled with details. Happy Mother's Day! I like your ink sketches from the art exhibit.

Fletch, thanks. I hope you get to sketch something for the hunt. I know how hard it is to find the time when you have so much to take your attention.

Jo, I like your hand holding the gloves. You are getting good at capturing hunt items when you go out. Nice!

Robin, thanks for your sweet comments. Hope you find time to sketch too. I've been sketching lately but not things that fit the hunt. lol

Hi, Christine!

Back