Scavenger Hunt #48 - Dec. 1 - 9

I'll post my work and then return with comments.

Ink on 5x8" page

1. chair
2. shoe-related
3. stack of dishes
4. kitchen-related

hunt48-01.jpg

Cheers,

thank you all for the nice words on the draw of the watch.
you have posted other fantastic works

Been lurking. Working on my course and Christmas card. My wife picked the image for this years Christmas card (actually combining parts from 2 references) but when I got it done in watercolor….well it was not well done and did not look very Christmasy. So now in panic mode to create a new picture for our card…already a week behind.

Have list ready for the next Hunt.
Joe

EP, mmmm, iI like your hatching and colors.They look like framed portraits today. The dishes are stacked and cropped so nicely. The can opener looks useful. I need that, my electric one is wearing out.

Hi, joe1lt and Flowercat.

Joe, so disappointing when the card doesn't go as planned. I bet it will be super fine. Hope to see some sketches on the next Hunt.

I sketched while Gene had a blood draw today. Sat on a bench under an overhang in the shade. It was warm in the sun. Number 5 Parking lot - in the ArtStreet sketchbook with a Micron 02 that is low on nib. Have to hold it erect and it was the only pen I took. Oh, well.

csshfl48parking-lot.jpg

Vice sketches eyepaint. I like the colours on the chair, It looks very well.
Your parking cars look pretty, Jo.

#1a kitchen related –
ink and watercolour pencils on A5 kraft paper.

1670405514144.jpg

Sylwia, The radishes look great on the craft paper. Cool colors and hatching.

I sketched at the dentists in the ArtStreet book with a Micron 02.
Number 6 source of light.
Number 7, bigger than a bread box.

csshfl48light.jpg

csshfl48bigger.jpg

Ai, thanks. Always love your sketches done while proctoring exams!

Jo, thanks so much. Glad to get out and find different scenes. Good job on the rocker...I think it is still moving. :) Nice that you were able to find a spot to sit in the shade while you sketched the parking lot. Nice pump up chair and light fixture too.

Robin, thanks. It was fun to do the marathon figure drawing. I was a bit rusty. Love your sketch of the store, parking lot, cars and assorted items. It is always fun to have several things in one sketch.

Sylwia, nice sketch of the beets. I always love their hairy tails. lol Nice that they made a second appearance too.

EP, your shading adds a lot of texture to the sketches. Super can opener!

Joe, hope you get the card done so you can get them sent out. I still have to put mine together. I've been busy getting things ready for our show this weekend. That took top priority.

11 - related to evening activity (restaurant for dinner) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1391.jpeg

12 - chair - graphite - We had a model at our sketch night last night.

IMG_1401.jpeg

Sylwia, nice sketch of the beets.
Thank you, Joan. These are radishes, :) but they have some similarity to beets.
1670562760123.jpg

I like your figure drawings. It's nice to have some opportunity doing this from life. Very nice watercolour sketch.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone

Joan, The restaurant is so nice. Love the decorations. How nice to have a live model again. Such good practice.

Sylwia, nice kitchen related. I like how you did the jar. Good hatching.

I sketched on the porch. Foggy and 68º. On my iPad with the app Brushes
Number 8, sky scene - foggy back yard
csshfl48sskyscene.jpg

Sylwia, thank you. I thought they looked a little small for beets but didn't think of radishes since I never buy them or eat them. I like the look of them with the canister.

Jo, it was funny that we had a model again after I had sketched so many of them last weekend. Nice foggy scene!

Thanks, Ai.

Robin, thank you for hosting. See ya in the next hunt.

Back