Scavenger Hunt 38: Sep 12 - 20

EP: Thanks... Love all those buildings... hope one day I get to sketch some in VC with ya... Nice jackets, fist, and fold.

Joan, Jo, Joe1: Thank you.

Joan: I once used the S&B sketchbook, beta, and I like it... though still pricey for my Thai salary... This sample set (I must have gotten it from USK Singapore event 7 years ago) I am OK with Zeta of 270 GSM but I only do tiny doodle sketch in 4x6 inch... I did not do a big size painting...I think I am OK for it as for small sketch. I have too many left over sketchbooks in various brands (mostly given to me) ... and I stills have many sheets of old Arches and Fabriano wc papers... which I think I will cut them down from full sheet to smaller travel sketch size. My Arches paper was so old > 20 years (I bought them before I left the US) ... so the paper might be dead for painting now but might be ok for small sketching ... lol. ... I did not intend to leave these paper go olds ... but been busy with life and babies ... so not much painting and just happy with sketching here an there. Anyway, big sheets or sketchbooks ... the newer the paper, is better for wc as their sizing gelatin are still effective on paper surface. So I myself care more of the wc paper shelf-life than the brand. Old paper will waste my precious wc paints (I mostly use DS ) ... and colors will come out dull. I know that you already know all this too well... ha.

Robin: Thanks.... fun set with your colorful wc additional touch.... fabulous !!!

Last edited:
Joan, we all know how you love the beach. Lovely building - congrats on the sale. Your landscape looks like grape vines .. I like the final product! Nice continuous lines on the corn. Your spatula is all together!! Yay.

eyepaint, fun to see you do graphite sketches. Lovely hand.

Ai, your body parts made me smile. Nice way to pass the time sketching you and Tone.

Robin fun sketch of your art table and out the window. Ink does work like a magnet.....

We've had Gene's sister here so an excuse to be out and about without sketching. We went to lunch with her and other friends yesterday and tonight went to live music. Emily Gimble if any of you heard of Johnny Gimble. One of the "original" Texas Playboys, was her grandfather. Emily plays the piano and is so good. Our kids have been around to visit their Aunt so fun all around.

Ai, I never pay attention to how long I've had some of my watercolor sheets, and I should. I usually buy full sheets and cut them down to 8 x 10s and 5 x 7s to take out with me when I paint. I don't put everything into sketch books. I have a big collection of unused sketchbooks but a lot of them don't take watercolor well, so I don't take them out with me. I probably should keep one in the car for those quick sketches that pop up unannounced.

Jo, thanks. I have to go back out to that garden where I sold the painting. The woman wants a painting of the interior of her garden too. Glad you have some company visiting. It is fun to get together with family for fun times. Enjoy!

Hi everyone. Beautiful day in the neighborhood! Well, except it is supposed to get to 95 degrees F. We did get to sit on the porch earlier. I sketched in the Art Street Mix Media sketchbook with the Micron 02 pen.

Number 4, building - the shed next door. I think it is storage but I like to think of it as a fishing shack with the lake behind.
csshfl38building.jpg

Thank you all. Joan, Robin, Jo, Joe, Robin, Ai, EP, you've all posted some great pages. 2 something sweet (it is a fried dessert that my mother made, it is one in a plate with a silver paper that I raised, they are a kind of zeppole, in Naples they do something like this, maybe I put a link with photos and recipes of the Neapolitan dish 3 is a cherry tomato 4 a succulent plant,for foliage I thought I would remake after the plant with the leaves I drew some faces ago But I stopped here, maybe here I would try to add the earth in the pot or something.
Pen on a5 paper
Hi.
C4F15CC7-E31E-4D62-BE89-0336EE1B790C.jpeg

Robin, I really like your sketches of the cat, who apparently kept himself busy while you answered the phone. Love the hatching on the foot and the folded item.

Joe, your sketches are making me hungry. I can imagine the sweet taste of the zeppole...something I love to have. Ours must be very similar.

9 - vehicles - direct watercolor
IMG_0862.jpeg

10 - something with a snap - ink
11 - something with a pocket

IMG_0866.jpeg

12 - outdoor furniture - direct watercolor
13 - tempting (general store)
IMG_0868.jpeg

Thanks, all y'all.

Robin, such fun sketches. Hatching is always interesting in your work. Love the folded clothes. The cat is well done. Fun items. The chairs and table are inviting.

Joe, your sketch is fun and the hatching is so nice. The fried pastas sound amazing. I'm hungry now.

Joan, You get applause for two vehicles, no I see 3.. Like the jeans!! The store is tempting for sure and it has nice outdoor seating ... and the grand old flag!

The new Hunt is posted. Hope you can finish up here tomorrow, too.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-39-sep-20-sep-28.4454/

Joan, thanks so much for this Hunt. See ya next Hunt....

Thanks, Jo. See you over in the next hunt.

Thanks so much to all of you who participated or commented or even lurked!

Joe1: Thanks... yummy stuff

Robin: Thanks... as usual...I love all your dancing lines. Ha... your cooking utensil was used with icecream too... yummy

Joan: Thanks... Glorious variety of sketches from simple lines to gorgeous outdoor scenes.... love the outdoor furnitures. Thanks for hosting too.

Great work everyone! 👏

I thought I'd have time to join in, but I was away on holiday. I always take a sketchbook with me and I never manage to do anything!

Thanks very much, Joan , Wonderful job, Jo thanks for new hunt

foliage 4 bis, Tree was full of leaves but I finished before making them

ECBC2FC6-6AA2-4C3E-A186-B93BE3574C46.jpeg

Back