Scavenger Hunt 38: Sep 12 - 20

Joan T

Scavenger Hunt #38 Sep 12-20

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.
The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you've participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
* All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo reference.
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes / parts / colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be # 1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
* Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
* Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
* Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read / comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required

Scavenger Hunt #38 Sep 12-20

Something with a handle
Something with a zipper
Something with pockets
Something with a snap
Something folded
A landscape
Water
An animal or person
A vehicle
An eating or cooking utensil
A vegetable
A fruit
Something sweet
Something sour
A body part
In a bag
In a box
A house or building
Foliage
A piece of furniture
Outdoor seating
Tempting
Unwanted
Three different art materials
A bottle or jar
Used to carry things

Have fun!!

Good to see more sketchers...Hi Ai, Robin, Joe 1, and Joe.

I will start us off.
1 - water - watercolor
2 - foliage

IMG_0789.jpeg

joan - calm seas to start us off. Great details - pavement and birds move us forward

Ai - lovely peach...colored pencil I guess soft touch perfectly fuzzy

1 handle
2 zipper
3. Pockets - looking down to my lap
4. 3 different art materials - wet board, bamboo brush, ink pens
5 bottle
5FD3CF49-9CE1-40A1-84B4-B5735BB65734.jpeg
1243EB03-EFAE-4A5E-A925-B2B32D20CD45.jpeg

Ai, thanks! Great shading on that yummy peach!

Robin, thank you. I like your look down into your lap. Fun and colorful bag. I like your collection of art materials. Good transparency to your water bottle.

Great start, Joan. Nice place to chill out.

Ai, the peach is so sweet. Colored pencil does require time.

Robin, your sketches and hatching are always fun. Lap perspective and water bottle are great. Love the bag and Art items.

Joan - Love how you captured so much depth. Grasses look like they belong in a wc textbook.

Ai - Super fuzzy peach! Nice work.

Robin - great job shading and giving markers dimension, especially the pouch, the pocket and the bottle. Markers usually end up flat and 2D. Nice technique.

Keep sketching
Joe

Back