Recent art that you liked

Ida Rubinstein as Zobeide in the ballet 'Sheherazade' by Nicholas Rimsky Korsakov
3667420.jpg

Scheherazade is a piece I’ve been listening to a lot along with reading from The Arabian Nights and Firdawsi’s Shahnameh. I couldn’t help help but recognize the similarities between my recent paintings and Persian rug design.

Olga Burkard - a mix of digital and traditional art technique, exploring patterns.

IMG_1079.jpeg

IMG_1083.jpeg

I just recently stumbled upon the paintings of the Japanese artist, Kosuke Ajiro. Ajiro was born in 1980 and studied at the
Kuwasawa Design School, Visual Design Course. His paintings are inspired by Japanese scroll paintings, European medieval painting and tapestry, Hieronymus Bosch, and "outsider"/folk art from around the world.
unnamed (3)B.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (5).700.jpg

unnamed (14).700.jpg

unnamed (22).700.jpg

unnamed (25).700.jpg

Honestly, I am absolutely enthralled with these paintings. ❤️

Kosuke_Ajiro.jpg

IMG_5745.jpeg

I stumbled upon the British-Iranian artist, Hana Shahnavaz on Pinterest. I couldn’t find many other works by her, but I quite like this painting. Like many Islamic/Persian paintings it strikes me like an exquisite illustration of the Arabian Nights, the Shanameh, or even Western faerie tales.

Back