Real Time Art Practice, CS edition

Just did this myself in gimp and now I'm realizing it's not even the same pose 😒Well that explains why the lines aren't right...
Need to decide if I feel like copying it exact or not.

20220105_114950.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh thanks for this! I don't think the ref is too distorted, (a 3d model) but I tend to unconsciously "correct" it anyway when drawing it. Guess I need to pick just one view and stick with it.
What software did you use to make that?
You are welcome; I like this kind of technical problem. One could most probably use the back of the chair to get the vanishing point and then draw lines from it over the figure. I will play with it when I have a moment.

The software I used was Rhino 3D version 7, which is one of the toys in my toolbox I use all the time when I do my sculptures.

The head is supposed to be tilted, which I believe would give it it's own perspective plane. The arms leaning away from the body too, I think. Except I don't feel like redrawing it, so it's just gonna have to look funny for now. Next time next time...
20220105_133617.jpg

This is so great. One learns a lot when one plays around and experiments. As you say, you can apply this knowledge next time. If you are very lucky, there will be new problems to solve and learn from!

Clothes drawn in. Shade now or later? I feel like if I shade now, I'll lose the clothes, bit if I shade later like I always do, I'll forget to actually do it. Oy...
Eyes are covered up because they distract me.
20220105_182722.jpg

This is so great. One learns a lot when one plays around and experiments. As you say, you can apply this knowledge next time. If you are very lucky, there will be new problems to solve and learn from!
lol no, no more problems! I have enough this month 😅😅😅
I appreciate the sentiment.

Last edited:
Trying to BS a shirt from scratch. I should draft it first, but that wold be too much like being smart.
20220105_204315.jpg

Head is too big. Also, colors seem kind of cartoonish. And there's no ear. Stupid ears.
20220105_213427.jpg

lol no, no more problems! I have enough this month 😅😅😅
I appreciate the sentiment.
Ha, I was only half serious. Something I didn't mention earlier, is that all parallel lines that belong to one object meet in one point, but the objects can be tilted relative to one another. That means each object's parallel lines will meet at their own vanishing point on the horizon, which is at eye level. So, it is normal to have more than one vanishing point in a scene.

Multi Point.jpg

Reactions: AES
Maybe the most useful description of abstraction ever. Representative to non-representative as a continuum.

Looks like an alien head. Had to wipe the face because the drawn features were way too out of proportion. I know why too: the daz model is human, but I'm fixated on Tes high elves, which have sharp, elongated features, so every face I do looks like some kind of Frankenstein mashup of the two.
20220106_201952.jpg

Eyes
Nose
Mouth
Ears
Hairline
Jawline
Neckline

Hands
Feet
Collarbone
Chest
Waistline
Back slope
Ass
Genitals

Thighline
Lower leg
Upper and lower arm

Specific or not.

Putting these on here so i can see them in a different format. If you're doing this month's wet canvas acrylic challenge, don't look:oops: And if you're not, which do you like best?( or hate the least...) The cylinder is gonna be a jar with a firefly in it.

---

bed lying firefly 1.jpg

bed lying firefly 2.jpg

bed lying firefly 4.jpg

bed lying firefly 5.jpg

How can anyone hate any of these? I can't pick. They are all great. But maybe I most like him looking down and away.

Back