Queen of Hearts

jennaboo88

Hello everyone!

This is my first art post here, and of course, I have sat here and wondered what to share first. I work in Scratchboard, Pen and Ink, and also make animal wire sculptures. So today, I'm sharing a wire sculpture. I make them with multiple gauges and types of wire, and finish them off with assorted found items, whether they are vintage or new jewelry or literal rusty bits and pieces from my dad's shop, or something I found discarded on the pavement in a parking lot. It's usually jewelry, though, because I like the elegance of something to contrast with the industrial feel of the wire.

This is the Queen of Hearts, a horse sculpture that I made a couple of years ago. I have newer pieces, but just felt like starting with this one. As I'm new here on Creative Spark, I hope it's ok to post sculpture in Wildlife Art? Otherwise, I can post in the Sculpture channel next time. Your thoughts are welcome on this.

Queen of Hearts is made with dark annealed wire. Wing-shaped embellishments make her ears. Her mane and the chain that extends down her back are an elaborate necklace that I arranged and changed around to work as her lovely trappings. Additional gold chain made her tail and the chain loops along her sides. The final touch was the addition of hearts to her mane and on her face. She measures 9 inches tall by 8 inches long by 4.5 inches wide.

I welcome comments and critique. This sculpture has found a new home, but I'm always happy to learn. Thanks so much for looking!

Horse CR.jpg

Queen of Hearts 2 CR.jpg

Queen of Hearts 3 CR.jpg

Queen of Hearts 5 CR.jpg

I love that you made it with found items and turned them into something beautiful.

I never knew looking at a horses butt would be a pleasant experience but this is very nice.

Really inventive, articulate, and aesthetic. I love this. You can post anything in any forum you please. This is really beautiful! It belongs in every category if you ask me. ;) ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

This is so intriguing, and your anatomy of the horse is spot on, well done!
Hi Scamall. It's nice to see you here! Thank you so much. It's great to know that the anatomy looks right. I really appreciate your kind comments!

Really inventive, articulate, and aesthetic. I love this. You can post anything in any forum you please. This is really beautiful! It belongs in every category if you ask me. ;) ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
Hi Artyczar. Thank you so much for your generous and kind comments! I really appreciate it! :)

Just found this - stunning, as usual. Horses are know for being difficult, but you make this look easy!

Back