Portrait of one my sons

ommc

I try to upload something I did almost 3 years ago when I was in the maternity leave with my third boy. This is my middle son, when he was one year old. The painting is done in oil pastels ( Mungyo-underground, few neopastels and lots of Senellier on the top) and has 24 cm x 32 cm.

IMG-20190516-WA0008.jpg

That was my second attempt in my life when I made a portrait.

And a successful attempt at that. That's a good head of hair for a one year old. And a cool cow lick. I had a natural quiff. I didn't like it.

What a charmer!! ❤️ You did a great job with that smile, those eyes and the catch lights. Love that tousled hair, too!

Great choice in OP's, too, your layering is excellent! :)

And a successful attempt at that. That's a good head of hair for a one year old. And a cool cow lick. I had a natural quiff. I didn't like it.
Thanks lain for the nice words. Actually, I am not sure that the hair is well done, but it is not either so bad. He had a lot of hair at one year old. That natural quiff, his brothers had.

What a charmer!! ❤️ You did a great job with that smile, those eyes and the catch lights. Love that tousled hair, too!

Great choice in OP's, too, your layering is excellent! :)
I appreciate very much what you wrote. It gives me courage to practice more.

Amazing work for your second portrait. It came out beautifully. Glad to hear you will do more portraits.

I feel very comforting to see that professional painters like you appreciate my work, although maybe it should be improved here and there.

ams
, thank you! It is hard for me to paint the hair and the eyes, but I try to do my best in them.
Donna T, appreciate this.
bethany, thank you for stopping by here and for the kind words.

Dear Queen Bee and Jo Castillo, I am so happy that you like what I rendered here, especially because I am in the learning/dicovering phase in painting.

Back