One of my first oils

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. Those that maybe knew me from Wetcanvas may remember this one. Its one of my first oils using light glazes rather than heavier brush etc. From a tiny old colour photo of the mother of a family. This photo is through glass and colours a bit off but hey.
Just thought it fun to remember what I did before pastels took over. I have to say that I see many mistakes and lots of amateurism, but I guess that's where I was.....
About 30x25cm on primed paper. Using a Zorn-ish palette not obvious in the photo.

IMG_0724.jpg

Beautifully rendered. This piece shows character, a lot of experience. It looks like she has experienced sadness, grief. This is a masterpiece.

Beautifully rendered. This piece shows character, a lot of experience. It looks like she has experienced sadness, grief. This is a masterpiece.
Oh. Such a compliment. Thank you. Yes, I believe she has a difficult life. But in later years she was the family "wisdom". I did a repeat painting that came out differently. Each had their qualities. I still do the odd oil depending on the subject. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Nice work Murray, specially if one of your first... I remember mine, they were not even close to your work; keep on going!

Zoran

Back