On the rocks

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. Finally a larger Plein air. Similar scene to the MANY I have already done. Slightly further around the cliff, meaning I was sitting with waves splashing me and trying to stop my box getting wet. Rembrandt's on Pastelmat, 24x30cm.
I finally like this one, I can see some colours are not quite right with shallow water and reflections, but to me I'm kinda ok with the result.
IMG_2104.jpg

I think your treatment of the water in this one is extra lovely! The reflections seem spot on to me, as well. I like this subtle difference in angle, and the vertical perspective.

It's funny how we zero in on certain aspects of our work that stand out like sore thumbs, but others just don't see the flaws. ;) It's a beauty!

Hope your pastels stayed dry. :LOL:

The reflections seem spot on to me, as well. I like this subtle difference in angle, and the vertical perspective.
Thanks Terri. The different vantage worked better with the scale of things. Interesting how that happens. Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.

It is lovely. The bits of reds, and the differences in the reds, take this to a higher level. It would not be as appealing in other colors.

I like this painting a lot, it's a winner. Very talented painted mountains, reflections, water, cypresses ... Composition is interesting, lots of light and atmosphere.

Back