My Dan Series

Artyczar

Have I ever posted pieces from my Dan series?

Here is The Birth of Dan. Oil and paper on Linen, 20 x 16 inches.

birthofdandetail.jpg

Great delivery room Arty. ;) Just post the whole series here so we can see them all.

There are too many to post, but I can post more for you guys. What do you think of the one above? He came from a different universe, and transformed through that painting. His first words were yellow. He also speaks in stripes.

Here he is in full. 6" x 6" on oil clayboard.

dandetail.jpg

I love the white on pink and the yellow on white. And the whole idea of your thought/speech bubbles. The first time I saw them I had what they describe as cognitive dissonance! What better reaction?! I would like to own the birth. In both senses. 🙂

I occasionally have had the passing panicked thought as I imagined someone procuring - or wanting to procure - my efforts. See...I have a fantastical imagination. 😁

It is richly deserved, I can tell you. "I am the coward and the fool and the clown." Charles Bukowski. And then, Gerald Locklin, "Enough about me, what do you think of me?" ha. It's brillig.

Anyhow. This is Dan's thread.

Absolutely 😍 the mismatched half-circles (top-right). I do love a wonky line. It's like being taken for a walk. Everybody has their predilictions.

Back