Monthly Art Prompts, July 2022

JennieJo: You are quite the photographer! Is that something you do also? The beach photos are beautiful. You have such a great eye for perspective

Blueberry Bear. Watercolor on idontknowwhatkind of watercolor paper :)

BlueBerryBear.png

JennieJo: You are quite the photographer! Is that something you do also? The beach photos are beautiful. You have such a great eye for perspective
Thank you. I did a lot once. Long story - was quite unwell, had trouble walking, but could always take pics from within, or holding onto roof rack, of car! And had taken a university unit or two when film was the only option. It was a great release. I keep telling myself 'take your camera'! I should do more of it. I was walking when I took these 😀

A piece of paper (el cheapo student watercolor in this case) was coated with a light-sensitive solution and allowed to dry. When the paper was dry, I took whatever was laying around and and put it on top of the paper, then sat it all out in the sun for a few minutes. After the exposure (to sunlight) was over, the paper was washed in a big tray of water. By some miracle of chemistry, the part of the paper that was actually in the sun turns Prussian Blue before your eyes while it's being washed. (Actual Prussian Blue, If I'm not mistaken.)

So, no camera was used, just junk laid on top of the paper and exposure to sunlight. The chicken wire was put down first, so it looks more focused than the junk that was not in direct contact with the paper. The Crape Myrtle flowers were also in direct contact, and being translucent, they left a lighter shade of blue because some of the sunlight passed through them.

A more conventional photograph made in that process can be found in the Photo and Film forum. It was made by sandwiching a big film negative on top of the sensitized paper between a rigid board and a piece of heavy glass. (The brush marks from the application of the sensitizing solution can be seen at the edges.)
I act on sendipidity moment's. A town I once visited often, is having an exhibition of small prints, this process is mentioned in their spiel. I think I'm going to try it

I act on sendipidity moment's. A town I once visited often, is having an exhibition of small prints, this process is mentioned in their spiel. I think I'm going to try it
If you're new to altrenative processes, cyanotype is a good place to start. Packaged pre-sensitized paper can be found for purchase if you don't want to mix up the chemicals. A small pack of ready-to-print 8x8"sheets of paper from a museum is how I learned about it.

ps - I am almost finished with theJune kangaroo (y)

I feel like I'm diving in to cool blue water on that first painting, AlabamaJama, or maybe looking out the window of a plane. Either one of those activities would be nice right now :)

If you're new to altrenative processes, cyanotype is a good place to start. Packaged pre-sensitized paper can be found for purchase if you don't want to mix up the chemicals. A small pack of ready-to-print 8x8"sheets of paper from a museum is how I learned about it.

ps - I am almost finished with theJune kangaroo (y)
Thanks. Can't wait to see your 'roo'

Thank you. I did a lot once. Long story - was quite unwell, had trouble walking, but could always take pics from within, or holding onto roof rack, of car! And had taken a university unit or two when film was the only option. It was a great release. I keep telling myself 'take your camera'! I should do more of it. I was walking when I took these
I hope you manage to take more shots, your photos are really special

Back