Monthly Art Prompts - April 2023

ams

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for April. Have fun interpreting them.

Spring
Communicaton
Path

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Here are images that are my own that you are free to use with no copyright restrictions.
Butterfly 8 GM c.jpg
01.JPG
3899 j.jpg
90765 jpg.jpg
Faith's 20th birthday 057.jpg
Faith's 20th birthday 095.jpg
IMG 37.JPG
IMG_8870.JPG
4004 cj.jpg
IMG_9144 c.JPG
IMG_9271 c.JPG
742.JPG
7052.JPG

nice prompts thanks Anne.. nice photos, to, Queen.. where did you take them?
Thanks. They were taken a lot of different places over the years. The first butterfly, the mailbox and the dogwood blossoms were taken in my Mother-in-Law's yard in Georgia. The second one in my yard when I lived in Warner Robins, Georgia and the third one in the butterfly house at Calloway Gardens in Georgia. The daffodils and the landscape with the bridge and azaleas were Calloway Gardens. The one with tulips was taken at a flower show in Atlanta, Georgia. The two flowering trees Macon, Georgia. The peach orchard with house Warner Robins, Georgia. The last two were taken at a place called Max Patch in South Carolina.

Thank you, Queen Bee and Joy. It's a photo that looks like a painting I did using Clip Studio Paint :).
Thanks for the clarification, as I mistakenly assumed you painted this. It's helpful to identify media and size when a work is posted.

SPRING - The first flowers are usually Daffodils. In my zone, they're poking up now through melting snow and dead leaves. These two, from last year, were celebrating too hard...

1680730127377.jpeg

Digital photo and Photoshop 7.

Last edited:
Back