Makin' me crazy!!!!

Hermes- I agree 👍
We have acronyms in the painting arena as well - not as lengthy as ones you mentioned, but still a pain in the butt if you're not allowed to use them.
WMO'S would be an example - especially if you are part of an artistic community.

Water Mixable Oils = WMO'S

It might take seeing WMO'S a couple of times before Water Mixable Oils was seen by your minds eye.

Just my humble opinion. One I would add I feel strongly about.

.WMO'S would be an example - especially if you are part of an artistic community.

Water Mixable Oils = WMO'S
Oh! I thought it meant "Weapons of Mass Obfuscation"! 😜

I think an ancient method would help – the first reference should spell out the phrase, with the acronym in parentheses, thus:
I love Water Mixable Oils (WMOs).

That way, the novice has it spelled out for future reference in the article, and the author can avoid typing "Water Mixable Oils" repeatedly.

Just my "two scents",
--Rich

I think an ancient method would help – the first reference should spell out the phrase, with the acronym in parentheses, thus:

That way, the novice has it spelled out for future reference in the article, and the author can avoid typing "Water Mixable Oils" repeatedly.

Just my "two scents",
--Rich
That's a standard practice in journalism and business writing. We have artists here from all over the world, I think we owe it to spell things out.

There is a rule in the forum for not using abbreviations (or acronyms ;)) on the forum so as not to cause confusion ...I don't think it hurts to spell things out! I struggle with some of the US state names people use.

Just my "two scents",
--Rich
I agree 100 per cent- this is what I. have started to do

Yes, it's a rule here. If people can try to please spell things out first because it's embarrassing when people have to ask. It makes people feel stupid sometimes and they might not ask. It can also often get people disinterested in the threads at times. There are many other reasons for it as well regarding cultural exclusion, control, elitism, and esoterism. It's not to make the person using the anonyms angry or impede on their humble opinions. It's just a rule of the forum and we do ask that users respect it. Thanks. :)

Back