Last film you watched

Rio Bravo, 1959 - I've always liked good cowboy movies. This is a John Wayne flick with Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Angie Dickinson and Walter Brennan. This is a feel-good shoot-em-up where all the bad guys die or get arrested, and the good guys live.

Brian and Charles. Odd loner manages to somehow build an AI robotic humanoid companion and finds human companionship through a series of misadventures with the robot. Accept the premise, and the movie is funny and charming in an offbeat sort of way :)

Brian and Charles. Odd loner manages to somehow build an AI robotic humanoid companion and finds human companionship through a series of misadventures with the robot. Accept the premise, and the movie is funny and charming in an offbeat sort of way :)
is it an english movie?
I didn't know this film and I saw the photos of the actors, Charles, I remember this actor because he was in the recent TV series by Ricky Gervais, after life, beautiful series. he was a serial hoarder and said strange things, Ricky Gervais worked for a local newspaper, he did strange interviews, above all the character of the protagonist had to work out a terrible mourning, the death of his wife, and he had become very bad, arrogant, an asshole with everyone, nothing mattered to him anymore, he was only kind to his beautiful dog, a dog that was a gift from his wife, the dog that was a bit like his shoulder. despite the premise he was a Ricky Gervais, poetic, almost gentle.

Yes. It takes place in Wales, UK, Joe, though the Welsh might not appreciate being call English. The actor who plays Charles Petrescu (as the robot calls himself) is hidden inside the robot, whose upper body is a washing machine. He has a rubber head attached to a metal pole

I've always liked good cowboy movies.
I watched Once Upon a Time in the West not long ago. Directed by Sergio Leone with music by Ennio Morricone. Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Claudia Cardinale, Monument Valley... "Looks like we're shy one horse." "You brought two too many."
Heck, I might watch it again!

I watched Once Upon a Time in the West not long ago.
Yes, that's another good one. Also, My Darling Clementine, 1946, directed by John Ford and starring Henry Fonda. A prequel about Wyatt Earp leading to the gunfight at the OK Corral. Shot in black and white, the photography is great. Each scene is brilliantly composed, worth watching for that alone.

Saw a somewhat weird film titled Tár, about a composer and conductor named Lydia Tár, and her preparations to give a new performance of Mahler's fifth symphony. In the process she slowly goes semi-crazy. I'm none too sure what, if anything, the point of the film is, but it gave a nice glimpse into the world of high end classical music, the sheer talent, the egos, the politicking and backstabbing, that goes on behind the scenes to bring us heavenly music.

Thor, Love and Thunder. We just wanted a fun popcorn movie with low concentration required. Well, may have still paid too much attention, I've seen worse I suppose. There were a few good parts that were unfortunately later ruined. And a large amount of; "what he can do that? They can do that? wouldn't that have been a game changer against the last mega villain? Why wasn't that used before?" Not the most terrible movie ever made, but I wouldn't shed a single tear if every copy of this was deleted.

The last film I watched was The Grand Budapest Hotel. The film had been on my radar when it first was released but for whatever reason, I never got around to seeing it. It's been described as something of a "sleeper" or a surprise box office success... in other words, not the usual Hollywood blockbuster. It is something of a quiet film set in a lost European world... and yet it was directed by Wes Anderson and featured a stellar cast including Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Saoirse Ronan, Tilda Swinton, Owen Wilson, etc... The cinematography, stage sets, costumes, and use of color were quite striking and honestly, I quite enjoyed the entire film. I was actually surprised that my wife quite liked the film as well considering it didn't strike me as the sort of film she enjoys. I was certain that she's end up losing interest with the slow beginning, but she ended up telling others that they should definitely see the film.

337837.jpg

the-grand-budapest-hotel-2014-ievenn-1.jpg

9fd1f8a26f01a330f120ce870d5811db.jpg

I watch so many films...I kind of forget the titles after I watch them, but I watched The Square recently, which I liked (my sort of style), and then downloaded all the Todd Solondz films I haven't seen yet because The Square kind of reminded me of how much I liked him too.

The last film I watched was The Grand Budapest Hotel. The film had been on my radar when it first was released but for whatever reason, I never got around seeing it. It's been described as something of a "sleeper" or a surprise box office success... in other words, not the usual Hollywood blockbuster. It is something of a quiet film set in a lost European world... and yet it was directed by Wes Anderson and featured a stellar cast including Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Saoirse Ronan, Tilda Swinton, Owen Wilson, etc... The cinematography, stage sets, costumes, and use of color were quite striking and honestly, I quite enjoyed the entire film. I was actually surprised that my wife quite liked the film as well considering it didn't strike me as the sort of film she enjoys. I was certain that she's end up losing interest with the slow beginning, but she ended up telling others that they should definitely see the film.
Wes Anderson has a movie called Asteroid City that's very soon to be released. The Grand Budapest Hotel is an absolute gem of a film.
I like that he tends to draw from the same pool of actors in film after film, and I imagine that those actors are only to happy to get another role under his direction :)

, i love the busdapest hotel,one of my favorite movies.
yes Laika,
true for the cast, personally I like this, but above all that there is Bill Murray that I have always loved madly and together they are fantastic.
for other actors, Murray himself participated in one of Anderson's very first films, his first feature film, a role that only he could do, there is a scene with his super frowning face diving from a swimming pool, he did, but when Anderson read the script, he was unknown and I think he acted for free, the fee was still small, it was a very low budget film, it was the first film, it had a budget which then increased by 100 or 1000 times, which was a first success and then the subsequent titles definitely launched him in Hollywood. they have a strong bond that was born from there with Bill. he also has strong bonds with others for different reasons, and for beginnings. Bill was also in his second feature film, already an important title, the one set in a school, and the protagonist was a very young actor, son of the actress who played Adriana in Rocky, who is also in his other films, including this one, another nice actor.
furthermore the Wilson brothers (among which the blond from meet my parents) were all his house mates at college, they studied together and started together with short films. therefore he too is always or almost always there.

For some reason, I never got to see The Nightmare Before Christmas. Yesterday, I finally did, and it was indeed quite a bit of mock-gruesome fun. :)

More fun, anyway, than any recent films. Maybe I'm just getting old, but ever more, I find myself re-watching old favorites rather than bother with contemporary films, the vast bulk of which somehow bore me to tears. Increasingly I find myself in agreement with my brother's view that it is invariably better to read the book, and if there isn't a book, the film is bound to be nonsense anyway. :)

I grew up with Friday Night monster films (ghouls, ghosts, vampires, etc...) as well as The Munsters and The Addams Family... and so I've naturally long been a fan of Tim Burton... and especially The Nightmare Before Christmas.

scale.jpg

Back