Last film you watched

With Summer Break here I finally have time for watching films... as well as reading, listening to music, and painting. Over the weekend I watched Batman vs Superman, Dune & Dune pt. 2, and a couple of episodes from the old Twilight Zone. All were enjoyable... if not cinematic masterworks. The Dune films were definitely better than the David Lynch film... which was something of a cult classic... so bad it was good.
Many of the Twilight Zones are cinematic masterworks. I can watch them time and time again, and they are timeless, as timeless as Citizen Kane and other classics.

I can't watch any films right now... nor listen to music. My router needs to be replaced. A new one is supposed to arrive in two days. Until then I'm working with a WiFi with speeds between 1.5 and 5 Mps... as opposed to 50-300 which I should get with G5.

Leo. An animated family movie. My hubby and I really enjoyed it. I usually don’t watch many movies like this. But when they are well done, they feel so good. Next up Inside Out 2. Adored the first one. Hit all the feels. Funny. Touching. Creative. And I love Lewis Black as Anger. Really great creativity, good movie making.

I watch a lot of movies and then quickly forget what ones I saw. I suck at remembering the titles. I saw Glass recently and didn't realize it was about superheroes until I was a half-hour in. The Netflix preview didn't make that obvious. I wouldn't have watched it if I knew that because that's not my kind of movie. But upon the opening credit, when I saw who was in it, I made the investment. And in the end, I only thought it was okay because of the psychological aspects.

Yesterday, I finished a French doc series, Raël: The Alien Prophet. I found that more interesting. I know a lot of cults and had never known about this one. They were at the heart of the conspiracy of cloning the first human, which turned out to be a hoax. The group is still going strong in Africa. Cult leaders are interesting--how they get large groups to believe them.

Oh yeah, I also saw Zone of Interest. I really liked that one. The directing was pretty amazing. Glazer also wrote the screenplay. This was based on the life (or the partial life) of Rudolf Höss and revolved around his work and family life while he was the commandant of Auschwitz, living on the other side of its wall. It's partially how he and members of his family would psychologically endure it as "normal," yet perhaps how it affected them psychically, too, and how he was the key player in the Final Solution. Damn interesting! Maybe I loved this movie. It says with you.

perhaps Glass was the last film I saw at the cinema or among the last, then the cinemas closed due to Covid and I didn't happen to go back afterwards. but I wanted to advise you, I don't want to spoil it but I recommend the filmSplit, I don't know if you had already seen Split, before seeing Glass, maybe not, then I think you would really like to see it again, in any case it's interesting, and the psychological aspect in that film is incredible, if you haven't seen it and you will happen to see it even if you have seen Glass, don't think about Glass while watching because you will enjoy the film to the fullest, it is one of the films that most struck me, how psychology and horror are intertwined, multiple genres, the protagonist, James McAvoy he is also in this film, he is the protagonist and he does an exceptional job, a great actor, Split was released in 2016, he therefore shares the director and protagonist of Glass, the universe, the story but it is also a film that walks well without then seeing Glass to which it is linked but emphasize different aspects.however what was written for Glass and Split also applies to Unbreakable, the film starring Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson released about 20 years ago or so.Unbreakable is a film by Night Shyamalan, the first set in that world and with Split and Glass he makes a trilogy, all of which I recommend,I saw Unbreakable about 20 years ago and it was also wonderful, the genre is different from Split, closer to Glass but here too it is different from other superhero films and the director is very inspired and great actors.seeing all 3Unbreakable, Split and Glass and the order, but recovering only the film that I recommend recovering is Split, even if you don't like superhero films, the photography is also almost claustrophobic, not very light but I think it's a masterpiece, good director and McAvoy is incredible but Anya Taylor-Joy is also exceptional in the film.

Thank Joe. Yes, I've seen Glass. I actually thought it was going to be a different movie than it was, so I ended up a bit disappointed with it, but I'm very picky with movies in general. The premise was good, though, and the acting was great. In general, I'm not a huge fan of super hero-type movies.

Thank Joe. Yes, I've seen Glass. I actually thought it was going to be a different movie than it was, so I ended up a bit disappointed with it, but I'm very picky with movies in general. The premise was good, though, and the acting was great. In general, I'm not a huge fan of super hero-type movies.
hi, yes, sorry, my question, my advice was to see the film Split, I had read that you had seen the film Glass and considering the beauty of the film entitled Split and the themes it covered and the reason why Glass intrigued you, I think that Split, a film released in 2016 by director M. Night Shyamalan also starring James McAvoy, an extraordinary Mcvoy,
I didn't want to tell you too much about the film, the cast and director, but I think you've seen the film Glass, but I think I've understood that you haven't seen the film Split yet, Split by genre and quality I think you'll like it or at least you'll like it will be very interesting,
I also don't know if you've seen Unbreakable, that one is about superheroes which is a genre you're not passionate about but I think you'd like to watch it again, especially if you see Split, since you've already seen Glass I also recommend Unbreakable which is a very good film and Glass is link to that film, in my opinion Glass is less successful but it is still interesting, I'm happy that he did it and that I saw it but I think that Split and Unbreakable are masterpieces (or almost, masterpiece maybe it's exaggeration and tastes are personal but they are convinced that you will like Split or at least make you curious, in my opinion what you expected in Glass and Split, in my comment I wanted to suggest Split for the reasons explained now, I recommend SPlit and Unbreakable
to anyone who hasn't seen them, Split to anyone who loves Hitchcock and Thrillers, Unbreakable to anyone who wants a movie about superheroes that isn't a movie about superheroes or in any case to everyone, I had almost forgotten about this director until I saw Split, he is very good )

On YouTube's recommendation, I watched this documentary on composer Iannis Xenakis:

His music is complete cacophony, but to my own surprise, I actually rather enjoyed some of it. Gotta say, it's not the kind of thing I would go to a concert hall to listen to. It seems to me more suited as background to visual imagery.

Back