Lane Apartments

Bongo

Haven't been out for a while now due to the weather. This is from a month ago or so ago when I used automotive spray paint in place of gesso as an experiment.
l1.jpg

Turned out to be a bit of a disaster, but I persevered. This is the Lane Apartments
l2.jpg

This is my setup across the parking lot in front of BedBath&Beyond.

l2.jpg

The sketch
l4.jpg

block in
l5.jpg

progress
l6.jpg

"Lane Apartments" oil on 18"x14" hardboard
LaneAptsXY.jpg

So great. I like your composition and story! Well designed, I'm smiling. I painted through the window today. Happy you got out and about.

Thanks for posting the photos of the site, Bongo. It's always so interesting to see how you edit and simplify so much visual information. This turned out so well! The blues of the buildings and the orange of the crane were just begging to be noticed by an artist.

Very cool. I love that yellow crane thingy (I forgot what they're called). It's a really cool composition. :)

Did folks put tips in your jar?
Nah, seriously, my hat is off to you for getting right out there amongst it all and having the presence of mind to produce a good painting 👏 I like the way you scratched/drew the trees into green paint (or so it looks to me) and maybe the same on the right-hand lampost. It's cool to see how people build their paintings.

Did folks put tips in your jar?
Well someone said "here's a tip - don't quit your day job" 😑
Nah, seriously, my hat is off to you for getting right out there amongst it all and having the presence of mind to produce a good painting 👏 I like the way you scratched/drew the trees into green paint (or so it looks to me) and maybe the same on the right-hand lampost.
If one end of the brush is not working, try the other end, right?:)

Thanks laika,
Thanks Sno
appreciate you folks taking the time to drop by.

Really interesting the way you break down the scene into shapes.Very cool painting

Back