JANUARY 2023 WATERMEDIA CHALLENGE

KreativeK

Here are your images from me to post within this thread any time during January, or after if you are running behind.

Abilene Antiques SL.jpg

Abilene, TX antique store items

Mexico City Student.jpg

Rosa, one of my art students from Mexico City

Colorful Leaves.jpg

Colorful leaves in driveway

Chocolate CupcakeKS.jpg

Chocolate cupcake

Sparrow Carlos.jpg

Sparrow outside our favorite restaurant (closed for good last week)

Green Apple Candies.jpg

Green apple and hard candies still life set up on my jacket in hotel room

Deer tracks in snow 800.jpg

Deer tracks in snow

Dwarf Goat.jpg

Dwarf goat

Pearl girl.jpg

Kitten Pearl, a white calico

A Hanging Lamp.jpg

A hanging lamp

Red Lilies.jpg

Red lilies

That is all. Have fun in watermedia!

You're welcome!

Mine is done early.
9×12 watercolor and Brusho on Grumbacher 140 lb cold press paper. The old stone and stucco walls accent the lamp or light metal well. Dry brush and use of black Brusho were put in at the end for textural effects.

C&C welcome.
Hanging Lamp.jpg

Kay, that is perfect! Love the textures. Thanks to you and the ubiquitous Pearl for the photos.

Kay - Beautiful painting. Love the way you captured the glow from the lamp on the wall.
Christel - Your lilies are gorgeous. They should be framed.

How is everyone doing if busy on painting one of these? So far only Christel and I have any burnt offerings.

Kay, sorry I haven't posted in this thread either. I am a painfully slow painter, and do not spend much time painting most days. Some days, not at all. I did finish one for the A&W monthly challenge, and have been working on a few things for challenges on another site.

I love your lamp and wall, Kay. So beautifully done.

Christel, your flowers are beautiful. I so love red.

I'm smiling. I've been "volunteering" to collect prizes for our Austin Pastel Society show so have been busy. This is my last time, I've put in my dues. More painting time needed. Hope to get a couple of these done this week!!

Back