inktober 2024 - Post your work here!

Joy, I was wondering about the time factor using the colored pens. Interesting media though. I have worked in colored pencil and they have the same problem. It's fun to try new media but if you don't like doing it or don't like the results, that's ok too. It's an experiment.

I see what you mean about distance and up close. When I stepped back from my computer, it looked much better.

Here's my 6 and 7. Both are Ink and Inktense in XL Mixed Media sketchbook, about 4" square for each.

6-Trek (Live Long and Prosper)

20241006Sk8 Live Long and Prosper (6-trek).png

7 Passport
20241007Sk8 Passports (7-Passport).png

Joy - well done for trying this. I can see how frustrated you are with it but full marks for doing it and its not as bad as you think. Like Christine, I can see what you were trying to achieve with it. Maybe just continue filling in the color? Is this done with the colored Bic pens you wrote about? I clicked on your link to them and found it fascinating. I thought I might try them, but they do seem very time consuming?

Yes, very time consuming! I went over each area several times and still couldn't get a good effect. I don't know how the other artists can get such a great result.

Joy good job on the “coloring” hatching. You might like the Inktense or watering down regular ink for the color like Anne does. The regular pens like Micron or Sharpie don’t lend to blending. Have fun!

Anne - apparently I was busy and missed these great sketches. Love the "trekker" interpretation.

Well here is a stuffed Tigger drawing that I did for #5, binoculars. It is ink and watercolor, and rather looks like a child's coloring book. I ran out of space for the whole thing, as my intent was to just do the binoculars. It did this to try improving my drawing from life. As usual, I spent way too long on it. Since Tigger is wearing a safari outfit, this also counts for hike, nomadic, roam, camp, and expedition. :D

And while I'm on a roll, he can also count for scarecrow, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and anything else I can think of! ;)

Tigger.jpeg

Tigger2.jpeg

IMG_2162.jpeg

Love your painting and all the prompts it works for! That makes it worth spending some more time on.

Here's my #11, snack. These are Banana Oat Bars that I make that I love to eat. They look a lot better in real life. About 4" square, ink & inktense in XL Mixed Media sketchbook.

20241011Sk8 Banana Oat Bars (11-Snacks).png

Bonus: Here's the recipe!

Banana Oat Bars
Prep: 25 min; Cook: 30 min; Serves 36

2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1⁄2 cup raisins
1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
-
1 large apple (about 1 1⁄2 cups), peeled and finely chopped
-
3 large ripe bananas
1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
-
Oil for coating baking pan

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly oil 9 inch square glass baking pan using a paper towel.
3. Combine oats, coconut, raisins, walnuts, flax seeds and cinnamon in medium bowl. Mix well and set
oat mixture aside.
4. Prepare apple and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine bananas and vinegar and mix with an electric mixer until liquefied.
6. Add chopped apple. Mix well.
7. Add oat mixture and mix with a spoon until well combined.
8. Press into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, cut into 36 squares.

Anne, how perfect! As soon as I saw the bars, I wondered about the recipe before I even saw that you added it. Spices are really enjoyable to me, so I always add extra. Since there is enough natural sugars and sweetness in the fruits, I am glad it has no added sugar. I am a very healthy eater and just don't care for any junk food. It is amazing how so many add unnecessary sugar, salt, and fats to just about everything. (Don't get me started on the junk I see in shopping baskets when food shopping!) I only eat whole grains, and limit any added sugar or oil in muffins to 1/4 cup per dozen. It is amazing how many recipes that are touted as healthy have excess sugar and fat.

Reactions: ams
Joy, glad you liked the recipe. My husband and I have been whole-food plant-based with no added sugar, oil or salt for over 12 years.

You might enjoy my other website Anne Sainz Recipe Box. I created it because I had so many people asking for my recipes that I lost track of who had what so I just created a free place online for people to download my recipes.

I was getting behind in my Inktober drawings so I did a quick sketch this afternoon to catch up. It is a combo of #12 Remote, #13 Horizon, #14 Roam, and #15 Guidebook.

20241012Sk8 Inktober 12-15 (Remote, Horizon, Roam, Guidebook).png

Anne, great sketch and prompts. Thanks for the reminder about the recipes; I now remember them from your Spotlight interview.

Reactions: ams
Back