inktober 2024 - Post your work here!

Joy, I was wondering about the time factor using the colored pens. Interesting media though. I have worked in colored pencil and they have the same problem. It's fun to try new media but if you don't like doing it or don't like the results, that's ok too. It's an experiment.

I see what you mean about distance and up close. When I stepped back from my computer, it looked much better.

Here's my 6 and 7. Both are Ink and Inktense in XL Mixed Media sketchbook, about 4" square for each.

6-Trek (Live Long and Prosper)

20241006Sk8 Live Long and Prosper (6-trek).png

7 Passport
20241007Sk8 Passports (7-Passport).png

Joy - well done for trying this. I can see how frustrated you are with it but full marks for doing it and its not as bad as you think. Like Christine, I can see what you were trying to achieve with it. Maybe just continue filling in the color? Is this done with the colored Bic pens you wrote about? I clicked on your link to them and found it fascinating. I thought I might try them, but they do seem very time consuming?

Yes, very time consuming! I went over each area several times and still couldn't get a good effect. I don't know how the other artists can get such a great result.

Joy good job on the “coloring” hatching. You might like the Inktense or watering down regular ink for the color like Anne does. The regular pens like Micron or Sharpie don’t lend to blending. Have fun!

Back