I used to do tons of these!

drizzlewither

Here are 3 that I have scans of. I think I still have the first two, third got sent off to someone for an exchange. This was the website ATCSforall, I don't think I would have an account there any more though because they delete inactive ones.

Standard atc dimensions 2.5/3.5in. Medium is alcohol markers on marker paper with some colored fineliners detail. I'd mount the paper on some thin card glue it down then cut it into the pieces to draw on. I am weird, I work on the back of the marker paper with the waxy coating, The ink doesn't immediately soak in there so you can move it around almost like paint and even blend it with a tissue. I'm not sure how it affects the longevity to be honest but since they will always be kept in the little plastic wallets I think it's ok (crosses fingers)

Attachments

• 025_bubble.jpg
    025_bubble.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 018_dragonflypond.jpg
    018_dragonflypond.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 029_victory.jpg
    029_victory.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 145
Hi drizzlewither! These look great! I've always admired those with the ability to paint or draw on small scales like this. Lots of detail work in there, too.

Clever idea with moving the wet inks around, you did achieve a painterly effect. I can't speak to archival properties, but you could perhaps spray them with a UV protectant.

Nice work!

these are fab! i'm taking notes on your experience with alcohol markers. i'm a noob at them. from what i understand, alcohol marker ink is not archival, but if you keep it from sunlight you should be ok. or like Terri says, use an archival sealant. what type of glue do you use to mount your marker paper on a card? my experience mounting paper on card has been less than ideal.

these are fab! i'm taking notes on your experience with alcohol markers. i'm a noob at them. from what i understand, alcohol marker ink is not archival, but if you keep it from sunlight you should be ok. or like Terri says, use an archival sealant. what type of glue do you use to mount your marker paper on a card? my experience mounting paper on card has been less than ideal.

No it's not ideal but it kinda works! The ATCSforall people were generally not all that bothered about achieving pro-level gluing/mounting, people only got a bit shirty if the maker was a collager and the pieces were literally falling off the card.

At first I tried with the spreadable pva glue, you know the craft glue that kids use, but that was very touch-and-go. often 1/3 of the cards I got from an A4 paper that way wouldn't be usable due to wrinkling/warping/etc. And because I don't have much money I really can't bear wasting material like that. It worked a bit better with spray-mount type stuff. I have a can of Hobbycraft "permanent adhesive spray" in my artstuff I probably used that for some. Since the cards are meant to be always in their little wallets you can get away with things a bit more. That was the one thing ATC people would really get annoyed about, if you mailed off a card and didn't put it in a wallet!

Good stuff Drizzle! Sounds like a fun way to play with the ink.👍🏻
I hadn’t heard of that trading site before. Everything I did was for our trades in Wetcanvas. We didn’t need to put them in plastic. But it is the best way to store them.

i may be a fish out of water here. any cards i've made in the past, i have sold on eBay. i have never traded any. i have traded postcards though. :)

Back