I shouldn’t be surprised, but…

PaintBoss

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised and yet I still am. From Toronto news site. Can you believe this? I don’t know… these days everyone seems to have to have a hustle. So much for copyright or decency.

Attachments

• DE95396E-9828-4AF4-9075-0D5E4BCEF45C.jpeg
    DE95396E-9828-4AF4-9075-0D5E4BCEF45C.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 1344287C-7749-45DB-B17B-6BFC9235F333.jpeg
    1344287C-7749-45DB-B17B-6BFC9235F333.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 35
  • A06E1011-15D6-46A6-95CE-4D526F2D0224.jpeg
    A06E1011-15D6-46A6-95CE-4D526F2D0224.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
This teacher is done. Or should be, if the truth is how this comes across. No prior consent, no notifications? Shameful.

It could have been a fun, educational experience for the kids - IF this teacher had thought it through.

Yes, agreed. Selfserving for their own enrichment. No fooling anyone. But… these days it is strange what conduct is excused by school boards and what is discipined.
If some kind of arrangement had been made and consent, it would’ve been a cool project for their kids to see their artwork, put up for sale or on merchandise. Maybe a business lesson. And the money could’ve gone to where the children chose, maybe a charity? Maybe to raise funds for something they wanted for the class/ school? And if nothing got sold, it was still an exercise being a creative person and doing business. But no one likes to see their art taken and used by someone else. It doesn’t matter if you’re 12 or you’re 75.

Quoted from "The Guardian" : "The school board said in a statement it was “aware of the situation and is taking these allegations very seriously”, adding an investigation was “underway” and the board would not comment."

Also quoted from "The Guardian":"More than 90 works are still visible on the site, with the titles of many works – Julia’s Creepy Portrait, Charlotte’s Creepy Portrait – apparently referring to the names of students who created the art. As of Monday, the links to the art instead route to Perron’s paintings and the student art can no longer be purchased. Other social media accounts linked to Perron’s art have been taken down, including pages on Instagram and Facebook."

However, when I click on that link, there are prices under all the students' work.

Stupid person with a clever idea. They did not know how to handle it. If they had made their version of the srudent work it still would look like child work and no infringement. You can be heavily influenced and that is not copying. It’s done all the time. Or; she could have did a class project and the funds went into a cool class trip. Shame on the greed. The depts of deceit are never ending.

Quoted from "The Guardian" : "The school board said in a statement it was “aware of the situation and is taking these allegations very seriously”, adding an investigation was “underway” and the board would not comment."

Also quoted from "The Guardian":"More than 90 works are still visible on the site, with the titles of many works – Julia’s Creepy Portrait, Charlotte’s Creepy Portrait – apparently referring to the names of students who created the art. As of Monday, the links to the art instead route to Perron’s paintings and the student art can no longer be purchased. Other social media accounts linked to Perron’s art have been taken down, including pages on Instagram and Facebook."

However, when I click on that link, there are prices under all the students' work.
The sheer nerve of this person.
Seems to be a real slide over the years in professionalism and ethics everywhere.

Back