How did you learn art?

Artyczar

Staff member
I fully agree. It's also not the place for propaganda. It needs to stop or we'll have to shut it down and I really don't want to do that!!!! :mad:

It's completely inappropriate.

Bizzibee

Great reading about your different experiences. I loved art as a child, but went into the legal profession, and left it far behind. I nursed my Mum, who had dementia, until she died. I started painting to help with my grief. Although it was a stop start process to begin with, I decided I was going to keep at it about 2 1/2 years ago. I have tried reading books, and they helped a bit, but now I just paint, paint and paint some more! I can't imagine stopping now, as it under my skin!:D

Artyczar

Staff member
Sorry about your mom Bizzi. I know the experience myself very well. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found art through the process.

laf.art

Bizzi, sorry sbout your mum but happy you found painting to help you. It's great when it gets under your skin and when you can look back on your older work and see your progression🙂

Bizzibee

Thank you laf.art for your kind words. I agree about older work - many I have thrown out in disgust, but I have kept a few to remind me of how I have improved overtime. Fortunately, the world has been spared viewing my 'progress' on the other site, as, because I uploaded my pics as an attachment, when the change over happened, all those images were lost.:oops::D

Bizzibee

Yes I do have them, I was just musing that it had saved the rest of the planet looking at my early efforts!:D

Desforges

I think that this is supposed to be in the thread ‘what are you listening to’ , but it is also how I learned to draw from models. There was a advertisement posted on a billboard ‘four hours with a model on Saturdays at this studio on Main St.
It was $15. for 3-4 hours of drawing with a model plus one beer. You could buy more from the fridge.
This studio was rented by these two artists. While we were drawing , one of them would play records on two turntables and ´scratch’.
Best Saturday’s, 20 years ago.
I liked this and asked for a little more. 😁