Hey there!

rodhlann

I am a software developer by day and have been drawing off and on for about as long as I can remember. I like to do Inktober every year, if I have the time, and really like the Ink and Digital art mediums. My hope is that instead of just drawing heavily for a month or so a year, I can start developing a consistent hobby out of it where I can continue to really grow and improve on my current abilities. That said I really have no desire to make a career out of it, I just want to improve 😄

I am hoping to find a community where I can share my art and get constructive feedback on how to further improve my artwork. I only just discovered forums like this one, and have mostly been posting to Instagram and other social media, but have found that those places are more for exposure than community or feedback, and are not really helping me improve.

It's great to finally find a place that seems to fit what I'm looking for and I hope that I can also help others improve along the way!

Welcome, rodhlann. I hope you will have good experiences here. In a previous life I was an intensive user of scientific (chemistry) software. What kind of software do you develop?

Welcome to the site rodhlann! It's great to have you here. I look forward to getting to know you and your work. Make yourself at home. :)

I've bounced around but currently doing contracting as a Java backend developer. I have a fair amount of experience with frontend development with React and Angular7+ and some other odds and ends.
Well this was intended as an edit to the previous message, but I apparently don't know how forums work. 😓

Welcome to Creative Spark, rodhlann! We're glad you've joined us. Please take a look around and share your art with us. It's the best way to get to know everyone and get feedback on your work.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Well this was intended as an edit to the previous message, but I apparently don't know how forums work. 😓
The Edit feature will disappear after a certain amount of time. When you stop seeing it in the post window (on the bottom, left side) that means it's expired, but it will stick around for awhile so you re-read and edit as needed. :)

The Edit feature will disappear after a certain amount of time. When you stop seeing it in the post window (on the bottom, left side) that means it's expired, but it will stick around for awhile so you re-read and edit as needed. :)
Is there a way to delete posts made in error, like the one above? I didn't notice an option to that when I realized my initial mistake

Is there a way to delete posts made in error, like the one above? I didn't notice an option to that when I realized my initial mistake
Not after an hour or so. We tend not to delete things so much unless it's a real error as to not upset the flow of the conversations. Not to worry. ;)

Hi rodhlann, welcome here.
Here are several helpful eyes to take a second look at the posted paintings/drawings so I am sure you will find advice when you ask for it.

Back