Hello from Canada eh...

mbeckett

Calgary, Alberta to be exact. i am another refuge from WC. i was a long time member, but really didn't like the new format, so i haven't been very active there since the conversion.

anyway, enough history. i like drawing and painting. love my fountain pen lately. i don't see an ink forum so i suppose that ink work belongs in Drawing? i also like charcoal, pastel and conte pencils. i also use watercolor. art cards have been my thing the last couple of years, although i haven't made any lately.

looking forward to exploring here and meeting y'all! :)

Welcome to the site!
I agree with Enyaw to just put it where you feel is right for now. An ink forum would be a good addition.
We also have forums based on subject matter (landscapes,figure, still life, abstract, ex.) if you feel more comfortable posting in those.

Hi there mbeckett. Welcome to the forums. We have started as a small operation. Maybe I can add more forums as we grow. For now, post your work anywhere you see fit. I am about to add a Life Drawing/Painting forum today (I think). I can always add more as the demand comes along. Looking forward to seeing your work and getting to know you.

Calgary, Alberta to be exact. i am another refuge from WC. i was a long time member, but really didn't like the new format, so i haven't been very active there since the conversion.

anyway, enough history. i like drawing and painting. love my fountain pen lately. i don't see an ink forum so i suppose that ink work belongs in Drawing? i also like charcoal, pastel and conte pencils. i also use watercolor. art cards have been my thing the last couple of years, although i haven't made any lately.

looking forward to exploring here and meeting y'all! :)
Hi from Quebec! Have been thinking of making art cards. Would love to learn about that.

Last edited:
Hi from Quebec! Have been thinking making art cards. Would love to learn about that.
hi desforges! not much to art cards. the only rule to be an official ATC (Artist Trading Card - made to be traded) or ACEO (Art Card - Edition or Original - made to be sold) is the size is 2.5 x 3.5". :)

hi desforges! not much to art cards. the only rule to be an official ATC (Artist Trading Card - made to be traded) or ACEO (Art Card - Edition or Original - made to be sold) is the size is 2.5 x 3.5". :)
Know nothing about that, you exchange cards with original work?
I was thinking more of printing some of my work on cards.
Can you show an example?

Know nothing about that, you exchange cards with original work?
I was thinking more of printing some of my work on cards.
Can you show an example?
i sold all these as originals on ebay. this is as diverse a set of cards as i could muster. i haven't had any luck selling prints but other artists have. if you search ebay for "aceo" you'll find a lot of the ways artists can make art cards.
Ducklings.jpg
Alien Encounters Masks.jpg
Climbing Panda.jpg
Scrooge.jpg

Those look great. Especially at that size.
I bought some canvas paper in that size and thought about making some but never did. Some of my works already as small as 3”x5”.

PS. There’s an ink forum too now.

Back