Hands - who's with me?

I thought that was already a given! 😃
Funny story: When my son was young (like pre-teen), he made some wise remark and I said "Son, nobody likes a smart a$$" and quick as a flash, he said "I don't know Mom, everybody seems to like you."

I really want to do it. I will. I don't know if I'm lazy, busy, or both! Oh...here come the groceries...I gotta do that and then make some calls. See? I have an excuse for almost everything.

Okay okay, I did it, but this was really quick and it doesn't look like a hand. It looks like my hand a little (fat!), but it's pretty awful if you ask me. I am so out of practice! I had to erase some too, which I don't like to do.

drawnhandweb.jpg

Unlike others, I don't plan on doing a better one ( I would have to sketch for a few days and I hate drawing .. .. like my art .. go to it and do it .. found a carpenter pencil and my old book still had 2 pages left so here it is .. a 5 minutes or less sketch ..
handy.jpg

Thanks Wayne! You used a similar pose to Arty. Very good, especially with a carpenter's pencil! (y)

snoball, it's a nice and beautiful idea.
and I like draws. facts, posted by everyone
PSA3475 (it's a very nice and fun job, you had a good assistant)

I was about to do it before, when I had read, I had also started one, another, before this, but then I thought I'd try again, do it more slowly.

seeing it on the computer I think I will have made a mistake in counting the number of fingers, they don't add up

30 minutes or one hour, pencil
2020-08-19 00-14_pagina_2.jpg

But Joe, we don't know if you are Polydactyly formed. :ROFLMAO: It looks like a very good job to me. :giggle:

If this thread hangs around a while I'll try to post a drawing of my hand. Right now I am being bombarded by an unbelievable amount of work. The start of every school year is crazy... but this one far more than ever before. I have to watch endless hours of videos on how to use a slew of online platforms: Schoology, McGraw Hill Exploring Art, Seesaw, Clever, ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, and more. I have to master these enough to be able to teach 10 grades of students (Preschool through 8th grade) as well as special needs students using online lessons. On top of this, the state has implemented a new set of standards and scope and sequence (Great idea! We don't have enough to do due to the pandemic🤬). And to top it all off, we have a new principal who will have different expectations undoubtedly. And then...

My computer was getting slower and slower and I had to buy a newer and faster one with a new camera/microphone in order to be able to prerecord lessons and engage in live streaming lessons for at least the first quarter of the school year. I've spent all afternoon (after 6 hours of training and professional development) hooking up the computer and copying all the pictures and files and apps etc...

Aaaaarrrrgghh!!!

This is going to be a crazy year for teachers. Well students too but most of them are already into ZOOM and stuff. I understand how hectic it will be for you David, but I do hope you can join in. :giggle:

Snoball, thank you so much, appreciate it, nice to hear that,
I think it is subject that I have tried the most (draw people and animals are the things I would like to learn so in my case with this I have practiced both) but shading (and counting fingers and the rest) are always a challenge

Keep practicing and posting Joe. Your hand is something that is always there to work with. :giggle:

stlukesguild, sure that an incredible amount of work and effort is required, probably a single platform would have required its time already, and all this, in any case you moved in time and solved with the pc.

Back