Gratefulness Ridge

Artyczar

This is a small mixed media piece I just finished, part of an older series I've revisited. It's 10 x 10 inches, oil, paper, and fabric on birch wood panel:

gratefulness-ridge72.jpg

You have a distinct color palette in all the ones I've seen from you, with a definite flavor of shape and hand motions. With these consistencies, you keep creating distinct works that stand out!

Impressive and moving!

Great work.

My only SUGGESTION would be to simplify your titles so they aren't so subtle. I find people appreciate what is unique, but they can make sense of easily.

It is our job as artists to create unique works, then, that are clear concepts.

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment Captain. I truly appreciate that!
And thank you too CaliAnn. Your words mean a lot to me. ♥️

Title stays the same. I think about my titles with great purpose. These are abstracts of nature. Thanks though.

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment Captain. I truly appreciate that!
And thank you too CaliAnn. Your words mean a lot to me. ♥️

Title stays the same. I think about my titles with great purpose. These are abstracts of nature. Thanks though.

Good for you for sticking to your guns. I respect that, :).

That's a cool design, Ayin, and I like how the curves in the wood grain complement the shapes. You put a lot of thought into this and it shows! Some of those fabrics have an old-time feel to them and to my mind they form the support for the ridge, or maybe I'm just nostalgic. :)

Another tactile gem. ❤️ I think I've said before I would likely ruin a lot of your artwork because I'm so drawn to wanting to touch it! This one is no exception - beautiful shapes and colors, and the bright patterns are irresistible!

I love this Arty, in fact I love all the ones you've done on the birch. The fabric on this one lends itself very well to the simplicity of the wood background. ❤️❤️

Wow! Thank you so much Donna, and Terri, and sno! You've all said things I can take with me (I was going to say to my death :ROFLMAO:! Then I was going to say to the bank) but to my heart is best! It also helps me think, and gives me a lot of confidence in my decision-making. That is SO important! Especially with abstract. Thank you all so much! ♥️

Back