King Baby

Artyczar

I finally finished this 3-panel, staggered oil painting on birch wood panels. The overall size together is about 23 inches high by 30 wide. It's part of my "Discarded Snapshots" series--the 4th one so far of old family photos (revisited). I know it's very strange and somewhat disturbing, but all of them are and will continue to be. :LOL:

king-baby-full72.jpg

Oh my! Intriguing and unsettling. I'm glad the floating crown made it to the final cut. It gives a supernatural dimension to the proceedings. And Mikey is apparently giving off an electrical charge, judging by the hair of the others. A supercharged atmosphere at this birthday party!
Does the flayed Mikey have a lower body? If not, does that have something to do with the stitches in some others in this series?
I know it's very strange and somewhat disturbing, but all of them are and will continue to be. :LOL:
We've been warned!

Last edited:
Wow, this is very impactful! I love artwork that has a narrative, and this is really making me think. I love it.

I've been intrigued by this one from the very first sketches. I knew it would be amazing, and here we are. It IS disturbing - I really like Lamar's take on it. I love that these three disjointed characters (one we can only guess at) are depicted in this disjointed way. Perfect - and so is that crown.

I keep staring at the blue dress and wondering how you can get that done so flawlessly. It's kind of amazing all by itself. :LOL:

Love it!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I finally finished this 3-panel, staggered oil painting on birch wood panels. The overall size together is about 23 inches high by 30 wide. It's part of my "Discarded Snapshots" series--the 4th one so far of old family photos (revisited). I know it's very strange and somewhat disturbing, but all of them are and will continue to be. :LOL:

View attachment 29735
Love seeing your posts. Your work is always so unique and strong. Especially like following the stages, seeing how the works evolve.

Wow.

So which person would want which panel?

What would that say about them?

Your stuff is always super interesting but this takes the cake. Yuk yuk.

I love the upper right panel. The other two I find horrific. Reminds me of the nice fairy tale short story I wrote once long ago in college wherein everything is nice and then the rabbit gets his head crushed by the bulldozer of progress. Jenny never wanted to talk to me again after reading it. Probably for good reason. But I guess I needed to write that story. Strawberry blondes can be trouble. I needed to push her away.

BTW the stuff you are posting in sketches is amazing. I meant to tell you.

Oh my! Intriguing and unsettling. I'm glad the floating crown made it to the final cut. It gives a supernatural dimension to the proceedings. And Mikey is apparently giving off an electrical charge, judging by the hair of the others. A supercharged atmosphere at this birthday party!
Does the flayed Mikey have a lower body? If not, does that have something to do with the stitches in some others in this series?

We've been warned!
Love your response and your questions Lamar. :ROFLMAO: I don't have many answers except that these come from actual family pictures with a present perspective on them, probably more sinister than the things people are imagining! 😂 ...Or not.

Thank you for your feedback. I really love it and it makes me want to keep on going! ❤️

I've been intrigued by this one from the very first sketches. I knew it would be amazing, and here we are. It IS disturbing - I really like Lamar's take on it. I love that these three disjointed characters (one we can only guess at) are depicted in this disjointed way. Perfect - and so is that crown.

I keep staring at the blue dress and wondering how you can get that done so flawlessly. It's kind of amazing all by itself. :LOL:

Love it!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
THANK YOU! It's been a long haul all right. I appreciate you commenting through it all. The dress felt pretty UNperfect when I saw sno's plaid shirts. Ha ha, but I did my best with the super thick oil paint. Thank you for that. The disjointed panels was an experiment, so that's pretty new for me. ❤️

Love seeing your posts. Your work is always so unique and strong. Especially like following the stages, seeing how the works evolve.
Thank you JennieJo. Unique and strong are two great words I will take with me for a LONG time. THANK YOU! ❤️

Wow.

So which person would want which panel?

What would that say about them?

Your stuff is always super interesting but this takes the cake. Yuk yuk.

I love the upper right panel. The other two I find horrific. Reminds me of the nice fairy tale short story I wrote once long ago in college wherein everything is nice and then the rabbit gets his head crushed by the bulldozer of progress. Jenny never wanted to talk to me again after reading it. Probably for good reason. But I guess I needed to write that story. Strawberry blondes can be trouble. I needed to push her away.

BTW the stuff you are posting in sketches is amazing. I meant to tell you.
John, you are too funny! And that would be a twist if I sold the panels separately. What a hoot!

I'd love to read your fairy tale one day. Right up my alley. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for the compliments on my sketches too. ❤️

This turned out amazing.:love: ❤️Like Wayne, I don't want to know, but there is definitely a story there. It piques the imagination. I would have named it His Majesty, the Baby. :giggle:

Back