Graham Hancock Explains the Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
2933211b818eae1ed83274de15307648.jpg

Rocío Espín Piñar

Richat Structure.jpg

Richat Structure

Last edited by a moderator:
Graham Bruce Hancock (/ˈhænkɒk/; born 2 August 1950) is a British writer and journalist. He is known for his pseudoscientific theories[1][2][3] involving ancient civilisations, Earth changes, stone monuments or megaliths, altered states of consciousness, ancient myths, and astronomical or astrological data from the past.

Hancock's works propose a connection with a 'mother culture' from which he believes other ancient civilisations sprang.[4] An example of pseudoarchaeology, his work has neither been peer reviewed nor published in academic journals.[1][3][5]

his work has neither been peer reviewed nor published in academic journals.

:LOL:

What's funny about this, John. History and Archeology are academic studies and like most academic fields any statement that challenges accepted fact must be able to withstand critical review... otherwise are standards of what is or is not true is akin to our current politics.

History and Archeology are academic studies and like most academic fields any statement that challenges accepted fact must be able to withstand critical review… otherwise are standards of what is or is not true is akin to our current politics.

who will be able to handle the truth?

like the video I shared

This is all fun to think about and stuff, and sorry to be a fuddy duddy, but :)

No, There Wasn't an Advanced Civilization 12,000 Years Ago​

Fact lives matter. Pseudo science harms real science. We need real science.

He's says a great civilization full of hubris was destroyed 11,600 years ago by a comet. So somehow a morality tale gets woven into a comet strike. Never let a good disaster go to waste. Where is the causal connection? So no hubris no comet strike? There is evidence of a comet strike. Where is the evidence of hubris?

How did Plato know so much about a civilization that was destroyed 9,000 years before he was born. So somebody told somebody who told somebody - 9,000 years of playing "telephone" - gets to Plato then another 2,500 years after that if you question him - you're called a skeptic ?

I also think the notion that science is not open to the idea of an advanced civilization 11,600 years ago is a strawman. Science is just wary of the part about a jumping-the-shark over-arching theory of a god-powerful all-seeing all-sensing hubristic (possibly from outer space) society until there is a bit more supportive evidence.

I have learned years ago that arguing with the Hancock crowd is about as productive as arguing with creationists or flat earthers. But we all love John anyway. :)

I have learned years ago that arguing with the Hancock crowd is about as productive as arguing with creationists or flat earthers.

I do not speak of that…

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back